< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: URGENT WHERE is THIS JUDGE? no-gun policy 2 DISARM police & Us.  (Read 1688 times)

Offline nebraska5

• NFOA Full Member
URGENT WHERE is THIS JUDGE? no-gun policy 2 DISARM police & Us.
« on: December 25, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »
Judge's no-gun policy stops police testimony

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: URGENT WHERE is THIS JUDGE? no-gun policy 2 DISARM police & Us.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »
"Incredible".
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
Incredible that he prohibits it or incredible that police are not more special than other citizens, not sure which incredible you are referring to.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
Considering the Omaha PD is largely responsible for ending the last attempt at preemption throughout the state, I find the irony quite pleasing.  Having said that, there really shouldn't ever be "gun free zones".  Ever.  The only exception I would accept is within a jail.

The funny thing is, that if you didn't have to go past a metal detector to get in the building, it's entirely possible for a conceal carry holder to walk up, testify and sit back down without anyone knowing they're even armed.  In fact, one of the comments on that video sums up my opinion perfectly:

I think the quiet point being made is that none of us(law abiding) should have to disarm.  But if civilians have to, the cops should have to.   My stance is none of us should have to.   Reasonable law abiding sane people don't whip out their guns and start shooting because they disagree or are upset.   On the flip side, criminals and nut jobs might, but they don't follow laws anyway, that's what makes them criminal.   That's just my opinion on it anyway.?

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:28:14 AM »
Incredible that he prohibits it or incredible that police are not more special than other citizens, not sure which incredible you are referring to.

Incredible that the police are prohibited.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
I voted against him also. Guess there weren't enough of us.
WØCHF

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 01:43:53 AM »
I guess the original poster thinks that police are more special than other citizens.

I have no problem with any place that prohibits firearms, as long as they provide adequate armed security.   If the judge does not trust anyone armed in his court room with the exceptions of his courtroom security, well it's his venue.

CHI Health Event Center downtown, only allows police that they contract with for security to be armed, other police are not allowed to be armed on property.  What's fair for one citizen should be fair for all.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 08:03:57 PM »
While I agree that there shouldn't be gun free zones, this judge is totally insane...