General Categories > Help!

Colt Huntsman re-assembly, in Omaha

(1/3) > >>

warren209:
I have a Colt Huntsman that I've owned for a few years.  The slide has been pretty sticky when sliding it back.  I've never fired it, and it is in very clean condition.  It looks perfect to me.  After procrastinating disassembling it for a long time to clean the slide and frame of the stickiness, I finally did it.  I watched a Youtube video to make sure that I was doing it correctly, but I ended up with a couple of problems.  The button on top of the slide fell out.  I have not been able to put it back.  It seems to only be able to go back from the bottom of the slide.  However, the spring and the spring guide are blocking it from entering the hole.  The second problem I have is getting the slide back onto the frame.  In the video that I watched, the slide is supposed to go back easily, but for some reason I can't get it back.  If someone who reads this is able to help me with my Huntsman, please give me a shout.

Lmbass14:
Ton's of 'smiths on this board, and sure one will step up.  Would like to get a Huntsman or Woodsman someday.  Seen them at shows, pricey.  Not worth 1500 to me.

JAK:
I am not a gunsmith, but I did find the attached manual online that has a good exploded diagram of the gun.  I find that seeing the exploded diagram helps me figure out how everything goes back together when I have extra parts,

Hope it helps,

John K

warren209:
I looked at the diagram that John K attachted, and the part that is giving me trouble is part number 2.  I don't think that it is normal for that button to fall out during disassembly.  I'm glad to see that people are reading my post.  I"ll keep my fingers crossed that someone will know how to reinstall the button.  I think that the slide is not going back on for something very simple, but I seem to have a blind spot as to what it is.

JAK:
I found a picture of what I believe it is supposed to look like.

It appears that the button (Part #2) may be keyed so that once it is in, it has to rotate to align with a hole in the assembly lock (Part #1).  If it not correctly aligned it would cause the assembly lock to interfere with the reassembly of the gun.

Once both of those parts are back in place, then the recoil spring and recoil spring guide can be reinstalled and the gun should go back together.

JAK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version