< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Good guy with gun protects victim of domestic violence  (Read 834 times)

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Good guy with gun protects victim of domestic violence
« on: January 11, 2019, 08:03:07 PM »
A good guy with a gun: https://www.ketv.com/article/center-street-closed-near-aksarben-due-to-standoff/25858687

KETV reported the entire story including the actions of the restaurant staff in protecting the victim. KMTV and WOWT limited their coverage to the standoff with police. No mention of the legitimate use of a firearm by the restaurant owner's son to keep the assailant from attacking the victim with a knife.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Good guy with gun protects victim of domestic violence
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 09:05:09 AM »
From the KETV story: "witnessed a woman jump out of a vehicle in the parking lot followed by a man, who tackled her to the ground....He was kicking and punching and pulling her, trying to get her back in the car"

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:52:54 AM »
Here's the best line from the article:
"I have always worried about Tony having a gun, but thank God he had a gun," Amato said.
The left always fears law abiding gun owners, but they're more than happy to have guns used in their defense.  Good on him for being prepared and defending others from harm.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »
Also from the story: "'I couldn't believe that was happening right in front of my restaurant....I have always worried about Tony having a gun, but thank God he had a gun,' Amato said."

Maybe, we have a convert.

FYI, there is a book with the title, Thank God I Had a Gun, that relates actual incidents of self defense using firearms. Cheap used copies are available through Amazon.