< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New York: New Gun Control Measures  (Read 774 times)

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
New York: New Gun Control Measures
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:26:25 PM »

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Re: New York: New Gun Control Measures
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
Who wrote that article?
The package, passed by both houses and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, also included a ban on bump stock devices – such as those used by the Las Vegas massacre shooter in 2017 – that can turn guns into automatic weapons.
He's either horribly misinformed or blatantly lying.  Either way, he's flat out wrong.
The package approved also included a bill letting the state check the mental health backgrounds of people who move to New York and want to purchase a gun
I can see some rationale there.  After all, what gun owner would be crazy enough to move to New York? /s

Sarcasm aside, this a blatant violation of people's rights.  Imagine having to be mentally examined before you're allowed to post information to the internet?

Wait......I think I see a flaw in my argument. (yes, that's sarcasm again)

And right on cue, along come the useful idiots, including one woman whose son - a teacher - was killed in Parkland last year.
β€œNew York State and I cannot thank you enough because we are so much safer today,” she told lawmakers.
So much safer, based on a bill that isn't even law yet, and only serves to reduce the rights of law abiding citizens.  Good grief.

I can't read any more of this garbage, or my blood pressure is going to skyrocket.  I barely even scratched the surface of how awful that bill is.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
Re: New York: New Gun Control Measures
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »
I guess that they're doing bump stock legislation because they believe that there'll be a successful challenge to the ATF regulation. Regardless, it's a major disappointment to have served in the military to defend our freedoms when we have politicians that are more than willing to take away those freedoms. I'm glad that I don't live back east or on the left coast or any blue state. But, Nebraska laws aren't as 2A friendly as I'd like them to be. Apparently, the Founders didn't do enough to make it difficult for legislators to circumvent the Constitution. There'll have to be a lot of court challenges to fight back - hope we have enough resources to do so.

Related to gun laws and what to do about them:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/01/29/resist-washington-state-sheriffs-vow-to-oppose-new-gun-control-laws-n2540348
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:27:24 AM by eelstrebor1 »
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA