< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TSA Confiscations Up  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
TSA Confiscations Up
« on: February 07, 2019, 04:26:58 PM »
Just a friendly reminder not to be one of the dumbasses who "forget" they're carrying.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/tsa-found-record-number-of-guns-at-airports-in-2018-according-to-report

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: TSA Confiscations Up
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:41:05 PM »
I did check a handgun on a flight to Dallas several years ago. It was much easier than I had anticipated, instructions are available online.
I don't know how anybody could forget they were armed??

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:57:08 PM »
It seems like a lot of them are carrying "off body" in a backpack, bag or briefcase.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:17:45 AM »
I once forgot that I had a bunch of snap caps in a side pocket of a dufflebag.  Trying to explain to TSA that it wasn't real ammunition was fun.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »
i was at a airport in Texas and a TSA person was harassing a in uniform Army dude that had a m-16 Blank adapter in his ruck ... i told him what it was and he said i know what it is ... i replied then why the hell are you harassing him for put it back i  his bag and let him thru...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline JMR

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »
i was at a airport in Texas and a TSA person was harassing a in uniform Army dude that had a m-16 Blank adapter in his ruck ... i told him what it was and he said i know what it is ... i replied then why the hell are you harassing him for put it back i  his bag and let him thru...

Because power corrupts and he probably was made fun of in high school.
Just more unconstitutional laws.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
I had to look up what a blank adapter was.  I still don't know what it does, but just from the picture of it, I can't imagine why he felt it was worth making a fuss over.

Offline rnbones

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »
A blank adaptor allows a semi auto rifle or handgun to function like it had live ammo by restricting the gasses enough to work the action.
If you can read this thank a teacher, because it is in English thank a soldier.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 04:18:17 PM »
In other words, an inert and pretty much harmless device that would only be dangerous if you were bashed in the face by somebodies fist while they are carrying it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 07:47:27 PM »
I had to look up what a blank adapter was.  I still don't know what it does, but just from the picture of it, I can't imagine why he felt it was worth making a fuss over.
I was given the 3rd degree when entering the hall of justice in Lincoln a year ago for jury duty while having an empty 5.56 cartridge in my coat pocket, of course I did have plenty of other items as well, but it is a work coat.  I left the pistol and EDC knife in the van.  Pretty funny actually,  lol.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 12:42:56 AM »
A blank adaptor allows a semi auto rifle or handgun to function like it had live ammo by restricting the gasses enough to work the action.
Thanks for that, it clears up quite a bit.

I was given the 3rd degree when entering the hall of justice in Lincoln a year ago for jury duty while having an empty 5.56 cartridge in my coat pocket, of course I did have plenty of other items as well, but it is a work coat.  I left the pistol and EDC knife in the van.  Pretty funny actually,  lol.
I once got stopped trying to enter, because my keychain had a little novelty item on it that was shaped like a wrench.  I guess they were afraid someone would take this weak toy and somehow undo the bars in their cell if they got it away from me, LOL.  I told them to keep it, it just wasn't worth the hassle to head back to my vehicle over that.