< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Apathy  (Read 4024 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Apathy
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2019, 02:53:00 PM »
 the breakfast once a month isnt a offical event, just a bunch decided to get together,   start one in your area, just pick a place and contact people in your area,  mabye post on here that you  want to get together with local to your area people. it might work
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 08:16:33 AM »
I attended the 'pheasants forever' banquet and, while it was a good thing for a good cause, it wasn't a terribly "complex" event, i.e. there were no big-name keynote speakers like a college football coach or our district's US Congressman, and there were no break-out training sessions or anything like that.  Basically a couple people spoke on national and chapter / local issues, there was food, and then just a whole night of gambling for guns and gear via raffle tickets.   There were alcoholic drink options, but they weren't exactly sophisticated either: beer from a can or well drinks -- both for a hefty fee.  There were some vendor tables set up.  (I do not recall if the NFOA was present there or not.)

Yet, the Lancaster County Event Center hall was packed, and attendees were throwing their money at the raffle ticket girls like they had stacks of $20 bills to burn.  And that's on top of a fairly substantial charge just to get in the door.  And many of the same group of people will show up and do the same for the Whitetails forever (etc. etc.) events.

I'm not saying the NFOA could or should emulate those events exactly, but I'm saying that there is a huge demand and interest in firearms rights out there, to the point where people will show up for a good cause, and beer and raffles, if (repeat if) the organization is established and recognized.

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 02:25:24 PM »
Feel free to contact me with your ideas and how you would like to help out.  We'll make it happen.

I attended the 'pheasants forever' banquet and, while it was a good thing for a good cause, it wasn't a terribly "complex" event, i.e. there were no big-name keynote speakers like a college football coach or our district's US Congressman, and there were no break-out training sessions or anything like that.  Basically a couple people spoke on national and chapter / local issues, there was food, and then just a whole night of gambling for guns and gear via raffle tickets.   There were alcoholic drink options, but they weren't exactly sophisticated either: beer from a can or well drinks -- both for a hefty fee.  There were some vendor tables set up.  (I do not recall if the NFOA was present there or not.)

Yet, the Lancaster County Event Center hall was packed, and attendees were throwing their money at the raffle ticket girls like they had stacks of $20 bills to burn.  And that's on top of a fairly substantial charge just to get in the door.  And many of the same group of people will show up and do the same for the Whitetails forever (etc. etc.) events.

I'm not saying the NFOA could or should emulate those events exactly, but I'm saying that there is a huge demand and interest in firearms rights out there, to the point where people will show up for a good cause, and beer and raffles, if (repeat if) the organization is established and recognized.