General Categories > The NFA Corner

Everything you're not supposed to know about suppressors

<< < (2/3) > >>

shooter:
you can make yourown, on a form1, im told wait is less than a month if filed online. you can get a solvent trap kit. and only have to drill a few holes after you get your stamp.

eelstrebor1:

--- Quote from: shooter on September 03, 2019, 11:48:49 PM ---you can make yourown, on a form1, im told wait is less than a month if filed online. you can get a solvent trap kit. and only have to drill a few holes after you get your stamp.
--- End quote ---

Do I need to submit a Form 1 prior to buying a solvent trap kit?

RobertH:

--- Quote from: eelstrebor1 on December 30, 2019, 10:43:19 PM ---Do I need to submit a Form 1 prior to buying a solvent trap kit?

--- End quote ---

you'll need the specs before filing.  i would look for a 80% suppressor.

shooter:
and the solvent trap kits, are only to be used with pistols, they are no way near enough for rifle rounds,  aluminum is good enough for a pistol tube, but rifles, need either stainless steel. or Titanium,

monkeyboy:
You can buy a solvent trap kit without a Form1,just don't drill any holes until approved.                                                                            You don't need to send the BATF any actual  specs except length and caliber.                                                                                           Lots of kits out there with parts other than aluminum[SS and titanium],I wouldn't use aluminum for a 22 can just because it's too hard to clean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version