Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

OTF and auto knives in Lincoln and elsewhere in Nebraska.

<< < (3/3)

hilowe:
I want to add on a question.

Saw a recent post on Facebook by the Omaha police department, that they arrested someone over the weekend at one of the "protests" with two knives (after the person did something else that warranted their attention, I think this person was one of the first ones to pull down the tape at headquarters this weekend), and they were adding on two concealed weapons charges.

So, can anyone tell me if there is a specific Omaha ordinance about knives? Was it because they were considering this a political event (therefore, concealed carry of a firearm would have been illegal)? Them throwing stuff at the wall to see what will stick?

I couldn't fine anything Omaha specific when I searched, and I thought Nebraska had changed the laws recently regarding the 3.5" to include intent (ie, just carrying a large knife, like a kitchen knife, didn't automatically become a deadly weapon).

bullit:
Nebraska has not updated "intent".  Legislation attempting to correct what define a "concealed weapon" died last session. 

With regards to Omaha, I suspect ... and this is simply an off the cuff guess ... it the arrested individual was carrying a knife concealed what had a blade longer than 3.5 inches.  Likely, too, a "stack on charge". 

Bear in mind, the "Political event" term specifically applies to the Concealed Handgun Permit Act i.e. a permit holder carrying a concealed handgun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version