Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

OTF and auto knives in Lincoln and elsewhere in Nebraska.

<< < (2/3) > >>

ILoveCats:
I knew when I typed that, I was inviting a comment like that.  LOL

SemperFiGuy:
Two Schools of Thought on Knives:

>Slashing
>Poking

Pointless knives can still be used for slashing.

Just Sayin'................

Just be on the lookout for Pointless Remarks.
Thassall.

[Anonymously Posted/Never Mind Who]

David Hineline:
My Schrade OTF knife has no button but a pusher on the rear of the blade to get it started moving out the front.

ILoveCats:

--- Quote from: LJUnaTIC on February 01, 2020, 02:26:00 PM ---Both the OTF and the Boker auto are activated by a button and considered switch blades and are banned in Lincoln.

LINCOLN MUNICIPAL CODE
TITLE 9 PUBLIC PEACE AND WELFARE
Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS
9.36.040 Unlawful to Sell or Possess Switch-Blade Knife.
It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, give away, or furnish to another person any switch-blade knife; and it shall be unlawful for any person to have in his or her possession, custody, or control any switch-blade knife. (Ord. 15625 §4; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.030: Ord. 3489 §9-101.1, as amended by Ord. 6284; February 20, 1956).

--- End quote ---

Resurrecting this thread out of interest in the topic.  I was just at the Lincoln Scheels and they sell OTF knives.  They said that they are legal in Lincoln so long as the blade extends with the push of a button, but does not also retract automatically.  (They showed me how their S&W versions there require a convoluted process to close the blade of pressing in on one button while bulling back on another.)  They said outside the city limits at DE Guns, you can buy the version that extends and retracts automatically.

Interesting.   Sounds a little odd to me, but they're a big and well-managed organization from what I can tell.  I can't imagine they'd sell them if they hadn't received a legal opinion.

I will say, if I bought one there I'd be sure to keep the receipt and perhaps pass on a little blame, just in case I'd been given bad advice.

Otterf18:

--- Quote from: ILoveCats on February 01, 2020, 04:42:00 PM ---Thanks!

Come to think of it, I gave that Boeker away years ago.    I had forgotten about that.

--- End quote ---

😂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version