< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gunsmith for cutting/threading barrel?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
Gunsmith for cutting/threading barrel?
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a smith for cutting/crowning/threading a barrel.

I have an ar-10 that I bought during the awb, so the muzzle brake is permanently attached. Wanting to remove it in favor of a threaded barrel.

Any recommendations? Prefer Kearney/Lincoln/Columbus regions.

Thanks.
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Gunsmith for cutting/threading barrel?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:02:36 PM »
You want it done right by experts that do it everyday for a reasonable price.

Contact Adco Firearms and ship it to them for the job.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:05:14 AM »
You want it done right by experts that do it everyday for a reasonable price.

I couldn't agree more. I'm just completely unaware of how often it is done, and whether anyone local does it.

Contact Adco Firearms and ship it to them for the job.

Thanks. Sounds like a plan. And not as expensive as I thought it might be, either.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:06:03 AM by m0par »
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
+1 to Adco.
NRA Life Member.

A-FIXER

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
And to let all others know that I have and did use Omaha Gun and Machine heres the link to Fred http://gunandmachine.com/, I was given another name by Mr. Berry and I was going to use him he lives in York, but I thought as Scott Berrys word is like steel it is as good as done but if I use this other fella we who live in NE would have another good gunsmith to use and well I did get my barrel threaded for a flashhider/suppressor and well Fred did a great job did not hurt the recess target crown on my brand new savage predator .223 model 10 and I was able to attach my can and shoot it after I received it back for G & M, he did have to remove the scope but in my test I was checking the grouping after the work was performed and it was as before with no flyers nor inconsistance POI just needed to resight in the tube sitting atop of it and what was the cost 75.00 and was delivered thursday and as Fred promised (my son was down at omaha to go to the reba mcntire concert) was done friday by noon JUST AS HE PROMISED.... and all I have to say about Fred is that I will use him again with his fair prices and quick....quick service my last barrel threading by another guy took almost 9 months to do not acceptable nor should anyone have to wait that long but yup... he was fairly local from the burwell area. Great Job Fred....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:12:47 PM by A-FIXER »

Offline dvsboyz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
exeter arms has suggested a man by the name of john eyenetic he is located off hwy 34 by the york airport from what ive seen he does good work but he has about a 3 month wait on services his number is 402-366-3104 hope that helps other wise the gunsmith i use is kelley custom gunsmithing they are located outside of burwell he does exellent work for just about the best price around and usually has a good turn around time he just reamed my 25-06 ackley and its great his number is 308-384-2225