< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Massad Ayoob classes in the Omaha area - August 21-24  (Read 4952 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: Massad Ayoob classes in the Omaha area - August 21-24
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »
Well Chris, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but apparently an IPSC satellite got a hires pic of the highly questionable mod you had on your 30.   It could well be all 3 of those Brand X guns may be called in for inspection and scores could be thrown out.  No idea of who would have made the call to HQ to get a redirect on those birds though. 

Stay tuned. :)

Since the MAG80 qualifier is shot double speed, even more practice will be needed to fine tune the delivery.  It's good to have shooters like you around to raise the bar and let the rest of us know it can be done. 

And Terry, nothin' at all wrong with a 284.  You qual'ed and that's what matters... unless you were on relay 1. Rumor has it that all Relay 1 shooters have to get blood tests done for performance enhancing drugs.  :)

No, I'm not bitter at all.  :)

Your ratted me out for putting that 2" cut up piece of bicycle inner-tube on my Glock Grip???????? yep, the IPSC Gods would strike me down for doing it

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
Oh c'mon!  That wasn't just ANY bicycle innertube!  Pretty obvious it was Klingon technology.

:)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline TerryLane

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »
Out of reapect Tim, I won't post the top three scores of the class, or what brand of gun they were shooting   :-)

Good with the respect Chris. If you post the top three and the brands they shot, you'd also be honor bound to post the bottom three and the brand they shot as well.   ;D  As for the middle of the pack, I shot an out of the box (15 rounds, 5 out of each new mag for function) Taurus PT 24/7 PRO DS. My backup (not needed) was a Kel-Tec P-11 with 3500+/- rounds through it with 0 malfunctions. Take care.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:40:12 PM by TerryLane »
Terry Lane
NRA Life
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Appointed Training Counselor
Nebraska Concealed Handgun Instructor

Offline TerryLane

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »

And Terry, nothin' at all wrong with a 284.  You qual'ed and that's what matters... unless you were on relay 1. Rumor has it that all Relay 1 shooters have to get blood tests done for performance enhancing drugs.  :)

No, I'm not bitter at all.  :)

Lorimor, I concur with the need for blood testing. Take care.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:40:53 PM by TerryLane »
Terry Lane
NRA Life
NRA Certified Instructor

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26:49 AM »
What are you testing our blood for? To see if there is Glock polymer flowing through out veins?

Offline TerryLane

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
Actually, I guess the real testing wouldn't be necessary...just the painful poking with needles and draining of blood would be enough. ;D
Terry Lane
NRA Life
NRA Certified Instructor

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 09:56:38 AM »
About a pint of blood right before they shoot the qualifier should be good.  Mas did that in one of his past level 4 classes. http://www.ayoob.com/lfi4.html  While we are at it we can inject them with epinephrine at the same time. :-)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
About a pint of blood right before they shoot the qualifier should be good.  Mas did that in one of his past level 4 classes. http://www.ayoob.com/lfi4.html  While we are at it we can inject them with epinephrine at the same time. :-)

No epi for me! 

Thanks for your help too Jim!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 10:37:53 AM »
Thanks Tim, I was glad to do it.  Mas has been one of my favorite writers for a long time and I really enjoyed his segments on PDTV (when I could watch it).  I had actually called LFI about having a class here.  After talking to Cliff (who had already taken the lecture class in IA) he said "I have Mas' number I'll give him a call" then we found out about the split from LFI and the rest is well, history.  A great, fun time in our history.

There was a little more to getting ENGC than just the non-profit but that was a major point at first.  A few other issues were brought up by the board and we were able to address all of their concerns.

If we are going to get MAG80 in NE I need to get my butt to the range more.  5 days of shooting will be tough and oh so fun.

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member