< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FYI... The old Seasons Choice Range (48th & Hartley) Lincoln is reopening!  (Read 6014 times)

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
I just got an e-mail from the new owners regarding rates and such.

They'll charge $6 for a half hour, or $10/hour.    He'll be doing a membership deal for avid shooters so they get reduced rates sometime in the future. 

Payment is cash or check to start with.  Plastic will be coming in the future.

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Thunder Alley 47th & Hartley, Lincoln
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 10:57:33 PM »
Wife and I went tonight (4/1/10) they've done a great job cleaning and getting the place fixed up.  They pulled up the carpet that was there since Larry's reign so the dog aroma is now gone. They worked over the restrooms, and yes there is a women's restroom and the sinks really are white.

They have a good selection of targets though a couple more bulls eye targets might sell too. Pop coolers are stocked with coke and pepsi products from the Malcolm General Store and he has a supply of ammo for sale as well as some holsters, gun bags and other shooting supplies.  Randy said he was going to wait and see if gun sales would be happening on-site. He invited us to Malcolm as any good store owner would do.

Rates are $6 for half hour and $10 per hour.  I wish there was a viewing area for non-shooting friends/family.

Randy said he had had 9 customers before we got there at 6 pm. When we were leaving 6 more customers were signing up.  So they had an okay first day, especially considering the great weather today.

He does make you sign a release and asked us if we were experienced shooters.  Everyone was, and I didn't ask what he'd do if we weren't.

Nice place to take your significant other on a date.  Another customer commented on how nice the place was cleaned up. Hopefully we can help Randy make the range a success.
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Do they have decent ventilation to deal with airborne lead?  That always concerned me in the past.  I was talking the other day to a coworker who used to shoot there a lot under the old ownership and he mentioned he always noticed a sweet taste in his mouth after shooting there. :o

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
I stopped by today also.  I was one of the "pre-6" crowd since I stopped on my way home from work.  Everything was really nice and the owner (Randy?) was very pleasant.    It was my first time shooting the GP100 and it was a joy to shoot.  I'm very happy with that purchase.  :-)

Now if my eyes worked as well as the gun.   ::)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
He will have to set up a second FFL before he could do any transfers of firearms there, he could set up a rental counter.  He could sell firearms there but the buyers would have to goto his current store location or meet him at a gun show in Nebraska to pick up and transfer the firearm. He can buy firearms at that location on his current FFL.

I have not been there since Larry ran it.  I would not care about any fix up other than some venting of air, which they really never had before.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Smoke gets in your eyes
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
I failed to ask Randy about the ventilation, sorry, you guys should have given me a list.  ;D  The smoke from our shooting didn't seem to hang in the air as much as it formerly did. I didn't notice any extra draft or fan noise though.

On the fan issue, I was at The Bullet Hole a couple of weeks ago, there was a pretty good crowd, they had the fans cranked so high the targets were blowing all over the place. They wouldn't give us any cardboard to use as a backer, though I think they had cardboard target available.
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Thunder Alley
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 02:18:06 PM »
Talked to Randy about the ventilation issue.  He's working on the fans.  He mentioned that he knew that there was an issue, but thinks that might have been a switch problem, as in "remember to turn the switch on".  He said one of the fan blades was loose causing it to hang up so that might have been an issue too.

Three of us shot last week, another two guys were sporadically shooting too, and we didn't get a haze going.
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
does he allow class 3 full autos there?  like a 9mm mac10?

and what about silencers?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
someone tell randy he needs to set up a lunch-hour league for rimfire or handgun shooters...

you have to shoot  between 11 and 2pm... tally results and declare a champion at the end of the summer... THAT would be awesome.  min. 4 targets scored a month, max of 8.... season total of 60...

or something like that.

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
does he allow class 3 full autos there?  like a 9mm mac10?

and what about silencers?

I asked him about this tonight.

The FA, would depend on what it was and how busy the range is.  He said the main concern would be keeping control of where the bullets are going, as barrel climb is a very bad thing with bullets going down range.

The silencers are fine as long as you have the appropriate license for them.

Offline rluening

• NFOA Full Member
And the appropriate "license" is.... what?

???

/rl

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
thank you soo much for asking them.  i was going to go, but now you answered my question.  i got some mags for the mac10 and i need to see if they are good or not.

i would assume they would have a limit of 3-5 or 10 round bursts like the bullet hole does.  when i was there, i shot a few more than 3-5 round bursts and they didn't say anything, except they wanted to see my paperwork.

ill be visiting soon!

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
i just got back from my first visit.  i met randy and talked to him a bit.  ill be going back because they allow full autos and silencers!  woo hoo!!  it looks nice and its indoors and good bathrooms!

i mentioned the NFOA and wrote it down on the little liability form you fill out.

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
I don't think there is a "license" to possess a suppressor. You just have to prove that you paid your NFA tax.

Offline DRSTICKS

• Forum Member
My son and I stopped into Thunder Ally shooting Range on Saturday the 17th. They have really cleaned up the place and it really looks nice. The range is all painted up and had no problems with target tracks. Randy the new owner seems to be a good guy too. Lets give them all the support we can so they can remain open. I shot pretty darn good with my new KAHR CW9.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
So, Robert, did you take the new Mac to the range?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
So, Robert, did you take the new Mac to the range?

hells yes i did!  it is no longer NIB.....  ;)

i offered to show him my ATF paperwork and he declined and randy just wanted to make sure my firing was accurate and not dangerous.  he also said "license" for suppressor, to me that is the ATF paperwork since i've never heard of a license for a suppressor.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Awesome.

Is it bad that I'm not even 25% of the way through building my first AR15 and I already want an NFA weapon of some sort?  I'm thinking SBR though....

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Awesome.

Is it bad that I'm not even 25% of the way through building my first AR15 and I already want an NFA weapon of some sort?  I'm thinking SBR though....

nope its not bad at all.  in fact its probably a good thing.  exercise your rights while you still have them..........

im not a huge fan of SBS' or SBR's, but i not ar15.com is full of their fans.

Offline phorvick

• Forum Member
Today (April 27) I stopped into the range...very clean, well lit, nicely done.  Hope it makes it!
If butterfiles carried .45's, there would be no sparrow problem.

http://shootingsafely.com