General Categories > Carry Issues

Address change turnaround time?

(1/2) > >>

rluening:
I entered an address change request online on Feb 8. As of Feb 25th I have not received my updated permit.

The last time I did this was about 3 years ago and I recall getting the permit within a week.

Has anyone heard of slowdowns due to coronaplague or anything else?

rluening:
In case anyone else is waiting...

I just called NSP. Apparently they are over a month behind on processing address changes. Today they are processing changes that were submitted on Jan 11.

I recall the statute allowing them 5 days to process an address change, but a quick search didn't reveal anything.

bullit:
EDITED AFTER ORIGINAL REPLY .... See Aldo's comment below.
To that end, NSP legal has confirmed that your current CHP is still valid while awaiting your new permit with address change.

rluening:

--- Quote from: bullit on February 26, 2021, 10:35:05 AM ---There is nothing in the CHP statutes dealing with time frame to issue address change.  The 5 days you may be thinking of applies to 5 business days for issuance of renewal permit.
To that end, NSP legal has confirmed that your current CHP is still valid while awaiting your new permit with address change.

--- End quote ---

Maybe that's where I got the 5 day period from.

I was under the impression your permit became invalid if the address was not correct. You don't happen to have a link to that statement, do you?

Thanks!

bullit:
No link.  A phone to call to NSP legal ... NOT the first gal to answer the phone at CID.

--- Quote from: rluening on February 26, 2021, 10:43:49 AM ---Maybe that's where I got the 5 day period from.

I was under the impression your permit became invalid if the address was not correct. You don't happen to have a link to that statement, do you?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version