General Categories > Carry Issues

Current Processing/Waiting Time for CHP Permits?

<< < (2/8) > >>

AlanS:
Just to close this out, here's the final timeline:
April 12, 2021 -- Application Submitted
June 3, 2021 -- Permit Issued, 52 days after application was submitted
June 5, 2021 -- Permit received in the mail, 54 days after application.

greg58:
Glad you have a happy but belated ending.
I just don't see that CHP permits are a priority at the NSP.
Funny that NSP can be continuously late with renewals, but the permit holder is held to a much greater standard if they attempt to renew late.
Greg

omaharj:
Complaints about administration of state laws should go to the Ombudsman. Perhaps anybody who doesn't get their  CHP or renewal CHP on time should send a letter or stop by the Ombudsman's office. This is a recurring problem and a little heat on the feet may make a difference.
 Perhaps a thread where people post that they've sent letters can show the ongoing problem. After twenty or so letters, perhaps the NFOA can contact the ombudsman's office to follow up.
Just a thought...

bullit:
More importantly, the AG's office needs to be informed.
Previous AG Jon Brunig had a "come to Jesus" meeting with the NSP in 2012 when similar actions were occurring then.  They were essentially forced to get it figured out, and hire more staff.

Opusnbill7:
Can confirm.  Just called today.  I filed mine 3 weeks ago.  I thought the renewal was still 30 days, not 120 days (that's my fault).  Regardless, if they were meeting the statutory requirements it wouldn't matter.

Regardless, now I get to either not carry or take my chances with explaining to an officer why my permit is expired until I get my new one.  Neither is a great option. 

I didn't yell at the person on the phone or anything (it's not her fault), but someone (in charge of the office) should be getting yelled at. 

I was told they're on mid-April right now.  So that means I might get mine in mid-July when it expires mid-June.  Yay....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version