< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: anybody else throw lead this weekend?  (Read 3250 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
anybody else throw lead this weekend?
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
Turning out to be a nice weekend. Anyone else take advantage of it to throw some lead?

A friend of mine just bought a new CZ 17hmr rifle that needed dirty'd up. He also brought out a TT33 Tokevrov.  Both a hoot to shoot.
I pulled the H&R pioneer .22, polish P-64, Russian Makarov, and my Mosin m-38 out of the safe for a nice walk into the woods.
A great way to start the warmer season. (spring ain't officially here yet). Heard all kinds of gunshots around us. Figured many more were out to.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
Re: anybody else throw lead this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 11:25:52 PM »
Didn't get out today, hoping to but haven't been able to. Just had kid #2 on Wednesday so its gonna be hectic around here for at least the next few months... Hoping to take a couple of the 9mm's out and use them, as well as test out the new AR build. But its been crazy around here. So the AR has been here since begining of Jan. and still hasn't had any rounds thru it  :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: I am ashamed. But this weekend it needs some copper and powder fouling.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 05:00:00 AM »
I test fired the ol ladys new .38 special 642 PRO (ported barrel) J frame with with 5 FMJ & 1 +P JHP. I ruined a good 55 gallon barrel

I am not an expert but the recoil seemed pretty subdued with the ported barrel.

I was afraid she wouldn't want to shoot it if it kicked to much.

Offline Bigtony

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:23:10 AM »
Took my boy out to shoot his BB gun Friday after work.  He's been on me about that for 2 months.  Took out my new XD9 but we got to shootin the BB gun to long.  So I took the XD out Sat. (No BB gun).  Turned out to be a nicer day.  Nice gun, shot holes in the can just like the rest of them.  Now when it gets a little nicer, me and my brother in-law can take out the whole array of toys.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »
I need to get a scope zeroed, so I am hoping this afternoon...also have 5 new .223 load work ups to run over the chronograph, but that  might be more than I can get done today
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Hoping to head out this afternoon.  I need to get my old Lee-Enfield ready for the CMP matches coming up at the Ikes.

Offline MosinMagnet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
Broke out my youngest 91/30 for 60 rounds and also decided to work out a new 24/47 mauser that I recently picked up.  I actually shot a 2" group iron sights at 100 yards with it, just had to aim 12 friggin inches low.  I really need to find a mauser that has a rear sight that starts at 100 yards vice 200 or 300.

Offline PhilK

• NFOA Full Member
  • xxx
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
It was a 7.62x51 day for me.

Sighted in an Isapore Enfield 2A including the joys drifting the front sight for windage adjustment.

SSG-97 (Romanian Dragunov-style).  (Yes, this one is in 7.62x51, not 7.62x54R.)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 12:31:15 AM »
i don't have a membership right now, so i really don't have a place to shoot and its killing me!!  i just got my ACOG two days ago and haven't had a chance to use it!  anyone wanna hit me up on monday or tuesday to take me as their guest.  (they can shoot my AR/ACOG for free.)

ps - i live in lincoln.

:)
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline akclark

• NFOA Full Member
    • CryptoSpace
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »
i just got my ACOG two days ago

What model did you go with? Are you using the TA51 mount?
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
i got the TA31F.  its the 4x32 BAC with the red chevron.  yes it has that mount.  it looks cool and i just want to shoot with it.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
Robert, I'm going to the Ikes range Saturday morning if you're interested.

Offline akclark

• NFOA Full Member
    • CryptoSpace
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
i got the TA31F.  its the 4x32 BAC with the red chevron.  yes it has that mount.  it looks cool and i just want to shoot with it.

We had them in the Marine Corps. Getting one is on my list of thing I want to get to help stave off BRD withdraw.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

We had them in the Marine Corps. Getting one is on my list of thing I want to get to help stave off BRD withdraw.

that was one reason i chose it.  i knew it proved itself in the marine's and other places, so i saved up for it.  im pumped to try it out.

A-FIXER

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
Saturday, I took my son and expecting daughter-inlaw to shoot a xd-m 9 with lifesize targets to give her confidence to protect herself should the world require it .... yup she got her talent from me... :o she did eye/sight targeting and sight/picture rapid fire and no he's not getting up. :)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
Well, I didn't throw any lead last weekend, but I cast a bunch of it....540 grains at a time.  That will keep the 45-70 happy for a little while.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
RobertH and I had a good range session today.  I love seeing someone shoot my 45-70 for the first time ;D

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 12:50:20 AM »
RobertH and I had a good range session today.  I love seeing someone shoot my 45-70 for the first time ;D

ya, that is one sweet gun!

and my nose got a little bruise on it cuz i got too close to the sight.......

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »
Finally got out Thursday and shot rock and today got to  shot the Mosin brothers. Need to shot a bit lower with both of them at 100 yards. Also shot dad's Remington 121. That old thing is pretty accurate at 100yds.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »
A lil p-doggin', shotgunnin', rifle sightin', targetin', and blew the cobs outta my cc weapon.
Whew great weekend!!, Now back to the city where I will clean and put away till next time I go to visit family :)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane