General Categories > Kids and Guns

Thoughts on drive-by shootings with paintball guns?

<< < (2/2)

HuskerXDM:
It's unlikely you'll want to use lethal force to meet non-lethal force used against you.  It's easy to say 'consequences be damned' when you aren't selling your house to pay for legal bills.  I understand your frustration, but unless it keeps happening, it was probably just some dumbass kids messing around.  Sounds to me like you need a paintball gun too... just kidding... maybe...

youneedawarrant:

--- Quote from: sozo on May 06, 2022, 08:27:53 PM ---Hi, everyone. This is my first post.
I live in Columbus, NE. Last night at about 9:38PM (05/05/2022), I took my puppy outside to go potty. A person (or multiple persons) inside a SUV started shooting at me while my back was turned away from the street. I was about 60 feet away, and they missed all their shots. The only thing they hit was the side of my garage. I reported it to the Columbus PD, but I couldn't make out the vehicle or license plates since it was dark, and neither did my security camera. I have a wife and two kids, ages 8 and 4. I don't know if it was a targeted attack, or if it was just random, but since I don't have a CCW permit, I'm open carrying my sidearm. I also warned my neighbors of what happened, since there are lots of other young children on our street, and I have an elderly neighbor that's widowed (she gardens a lot outside her front yard). I plan on firing back if they start shooting again, because then it is targeted. I don't care about the consequences, since protecting my family is my #1 priority, but just wondering what everyone would do in my situation. I understand paintball guns aren't lethal, but getting shot in the eye is, and for young children and elderly folk, it could be life threatening.

--- End quote ---

I am not your attorney, but if I were I would tell you this: If you take the actions you described in the scenario above, you will only have yourself to blame when you go to prison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version