General Categories > Newsworthy

UPS went woke?

(1/5) > >>

Jito463:
Seems like UPS has either chosen, or been pressured (*cough*ATF*cough*), to cancel contracts with lawful firearms dealers, and are threatening to also destroy existing product that's current shipped and en route to customers.  One vendor in Florida said that he had just shipped $30k worth of equipment prior to this notification.

Opusnbill7:
Needs a little clarification.  Only referring to parts that can be assembled.  Still not good, but not as bad as your original post sounds.

Link to actual article instead of youtube:  https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-ups-cuts-off-gun-retailers-for-selling-ghost-guns-threatens-to-seize-and-destroys-in-transit-packages/

Jito463:

--- Quote from: Opusnbill7 on July 02, 2022, 02:25:21 PM ---Needs a little clarification.  Only referring to parts that can be assembled.  Still not good, but not as bad as your original post sounds.

Link to actual article instead of youtube:  https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-ups-cuts-off-gun-retailers-for-selling-ghost-guns-threatens-to-seize-and-destroys-in-transit-packages/

--- End quote ---
I'm not aware of any federal law that bans parts or parts kits, so it's pretty bad in my opinion.  I know that the left (via the ATF) wants to ban them, but so far it's still perfectly legal.  So UPS is threatening companies for sending perfectly legal parts through the mail.  Imagine if they decided that all car parts of a certain type (say, catalytic converters) could no longer be shipped by them, and they would seize and destroy any currently in transit, despite the product being perfectly legal to sell and ship.  That's exactly what's happening here.

eelstrebor1:
Does this mean that you can't ship your firearm to have it repaired? I thought it was legal to ship via UPS to a repair facility.

Jito463:

--- Quote from: eelstrebor1 on July 02, 2022, 05:27:36 PM ---Does this mean that you can't ship your firearm to have it repaired? I thought it was legal to ship via UPS to a repair facility.

--- End quote ---
It's about firearms parts and parts kits to build your own.  Something the ATF and the current Former Vice President wants to ban, but haven't achieved yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version