< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: UPS went woke?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Re: UPS went woke?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2022, 05:27:24 PM »
Well, how about a post from Vice.com, hardly a bastion of conservatism.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d3bdk/ups-ghost-gun-rules

VICE News verified the authenticity of the letter by speaking with a manager at Ghost Firearms and a UPS spokesperson, who confirmed for the first time publicly that the company has “taken steps to address specific compliance risks” with a new gun policy that affects “a limited number of customers.”

The lengths you guys are going to trying to defend UPS's actions.  Sheesh.

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 08:42:50 PM »
LOL ok.  Excuse me for not wanting to take something hook line and sinker from one source, and having my own opinion and concerns about the reliability of that one source.

Anyway, thanks for tracking down an alternative source.  Like I said before, they're doing it based on legal advice it appears (to comply with Biden Admin. rules). 

The advice and rules may be crap, but they don't have to (legally) stick their necks out to provide a service just because you want it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:58:08 PM by Opusnbill7 »

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2022, 08:47:42 PM »
A business does have the right to refuse service, including baking cakes. What needs to happen is companies need to realize if they are going to take a political stance, those opposing their view are going to take their business elsewhere.

One way we have gotten to where we are is people love to complain, mostly online, then still support entities actively engaged against their interests.  If we don't start pushing back soon, we will be left without the option to do so!

Agreed.  No reason to ship with UPS now, if given the choice (a lot of places don't ask).