General Categories > General Firearm Discussion

Bead Blasting

<< < (2/2)

SemperFiGuy:
Y'know... Your post just tickled up a new thought:

Has to do with modification of firearms, rebluing, adding stuff onto the muzzle end, stockwork, other stuff, tc.

Here we go: IF you ever wish to sell the gun, and we often roll them over in the firearms market, there are purists out there who look upon modifications from factory specs as sacrilege.  And as far as I'm concerned, if they wish to do so, fine by me.  Their choice.

For example: An "elderly" firearm that's been knocked around and nicked up a bit and then sent off for re-bluing.  It comes back all pretty and shiny, but the prospective buyer sniffs, "Ain't no good.  Been reblued."  You see the same reaction at car meets on restored automobiles.  Fair enough.  We've even seen those guys who go ga-ga over the original factory gun boxes, although I've NEVER seen anyone carry the original box out into the field.  Go figger.

So I'm making the point that modifying any firearm automatically cuts out a sizeable chunk of prospective buyers from the market. And--of course--you never get back the money that you added to the gun for the mods.

Final Analysis:  Your Gun.  Your choice.

Just Sayin'....................

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version