< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Drivers license renewal online now...  (Read 804 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Drivers license renewal online now...
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:23 PM »
How long will it take us to get CHP renewals online too!

The first group of permits are up for renewal in Jan 2012 If I recall.

I really think we could get online renewals, and replacement of lost or damaged permits   by then.

The drivers license require that your address has not changed.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_1730e826-514a-11df-be95-001cc4c03286.html

Nebraska license renewal available online

By NANCY HICKS / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 10:40 am  

Licensed online

Renew your driver's license at www.clickdmv.ne.gov or www.dmv.ne.gov.

Nebraskans now can renew their driver's licenses online with a click of the mouse and a credit card.

Gov. Dave Heineman said he renewed his last week in less than 10 minutes using the Department of Motor Vehicles' new online registration system.

"I'm a very satisfied customer," Heineman said at a press conference Monday.

Drivers between 21 and 64 can renew a license online once every 10 years, or every other five-year renewal period, said Motor Vehicles Director Bev Neth.

more at the link
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:16:43 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Drivers license renewal online now...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:18 PM »
that would have been great when I had to renew this year -- spent 4 hours one day to NOT get a license (4 forms of Gov't ID was not sufficient)!  Went to a different DMV and was out in < 30 min!  I will love to renew online when I need to again!

I also agree that more renewals should be online!