< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Women Concealing  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Kim

• Powder Benefactor
Women Concealing
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:51:31 AM »
I know that you "guys" have a couple of options when concealing: shoulder holster, ankle holster or the most obvious and preferred, inside the waist band, however I am wondering what options you have heard of for the "girls". The clothes we tend to wear (trying to impress you guys no less) along with our smaller frames makes concealing even a very small framed pistol very difficult. Short of changing my wardrobe, I haven't come up with a method I am happy with.

There is always the purse carry, however I would rather my weapon be on my person. An ankle holster might work for jeans, but drawing from the ankle definitely has its drawbacks. What about when wearing a mini skirt or shorts? A fanny pack would work, but kind of defeats the whole purpose of trying to look slutty, err sexy.  ;D I know that in the end, if I want to carry a weapon, I'm going to have to dress around it, but I would love to hear any tricks any of you might have run across.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:45:51 AM by Kim »

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Women Concealing
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »
Colt 1908 Vest Pocket pistol... garter holster...

soooooo sexy. (especially if the gun is polished chrome....)

I should take some pics of the wife with that setup... those would be good for various personal uses....

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
Kim heres a link to USCCA they have reviews of holsters and also a womens section. Might be something in there that will help.http://http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/public/main.cfm
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
If you are commited to one style of dress your choices may be limited. Ive sold many Apendix style IWB`s to women and they have worked well. But you must be wearing a belt and a garment covering it. As you are discovering concealing a weapon has more to do with how you dress than anything else. For me a holster MUST do several things. I must be able to get to the gun quickly with one hand, left or right, and do it while moving full speed (try that with an ankle holster) If you can do those things most everything else will be easy. The drills we do in the classes I teach are a big eye opener for most people as we show how little time you may have to react and access your weapon. Most times its a compromise, but it sounds like your on the right track.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »

Women Concealing
? on: October 13, 2007, 10:51:31 AM ?

wow, someone's been digging through the archives....  ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:50:25 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:09:30 PM »
Clint Smith's wife, Heidi, has a new video out. 

www.thunderranchinc.com

Offline melbell

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:48:13 PM »
I love poking around http://corneredcat.com/ for info on Girls with Guns.  I have found several helpful tidbits there, including a great "review" of several types of holsters with pictures.