< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Should gun permits be easier?  (Read 5669 times)

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Should gun permits be easier?
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
I have taken classes offered by both Chris and Shawn. Yes, they were expensive but I came away with some new skills that may just save my life if I am ever in a situation where I need to use deadly force. You can't get these skills by reading a book. Was it worth it? I think so.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »
Thank you all for the nice comments!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
Regarding Costs of Firearms Training:

The following comments are written in sincere respect for all comments on this posting.  To add further perspective:

By way of comparison, consider the cost of industrial training.   That is, assume that you're attending a course in Quality Control, Workplace Safety, OSHA Administration, Project Management, or some such similar course.

The daily rate generally runs from about $800/day to upwards of $1500/day.   Depending on variables such as timeliness of topic, reputation of the presenter, amount and quality of handouts and course materials, type of training facilities, etc., etc.

True, the company or employing organization most often pays for the entire course.   But----the cost is there.   Someone pays it.

And more often than not, the course doesn't deal with the heavy issues of life, death, or bodily safety.   Or potential incarceration.

The points made here are that (a) training can be expensive and (b) that most training is more expensive than firearms training.   Far more expensive.

Then, there's the high cost of attending Harvard Law School.................    [You might have to become President.]

sfg

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:46:57 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer