< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: They might as well have bound and gagged her.  (Read 890 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
They might as well have bound and gagged her.
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:46:18 AM »
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37123

Law abiding wife could not save her husband from her stalker due to Tennessee law baring weapons from restaraunts/bars. Her weapon was legally locked up in her car.  :(

I see this also happening with our laws her in Nebraska.

This isn't the first such story I've heard, there is also one about a fellow, I believe a LEO, that did not carry his weapon into church because of state law, and ended up watching his son die in his arms when a madman busted into the church and started shooting.

I personally tend to weigh my options when partronizing a "FREE CRIME ZONE". Do I really have to go in, or is there a better option?  ??? If it is the only option, the next question is; How well am I concealing today? 8)  And my final deciding factor; Is it too late to turn back to the car now, and bring attention to myself?  >:D :angel1:
I would just hate knowing that I something happened to my children because my RIGHT to defend them was taken away because of some insurance policy writer or our society of sheeps ignorance of how life really works.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: They might as well have bound and gagged her.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
Wish law makers could read well enough to comprehend that story and others like it. Like Nikki, all of my guns are faulty. Not one of them have ever forced me to break a law.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:11:17 PM »
Tough deal.  I think about the trade every time I go to a bar/restaraunt - which is happening very infrequently. Presently also struggle w/ this when I have to travel to Omaha for business several times per month - can't wait for July 14th!!  The Walgreens incident in Omaha really shows that SHTF anytime anywhere!!
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
That's awful. :(