< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Looking to buy a rifle.  (Read 692 times)

Offline CurtisJohson

• Forum Member
Looking to buy a rifle.
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »
Hey everyone,

Nice to find this group. I was wondering if anybody has a nice semiautomatic rifle for sale in Lincoln. Just let me know what you have. I will be a first time gun owner, although not a first time shooter. Or also if you know of any other classifieds or whatever websites feel free to let me know.

Thanks! ;D

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Looking to buy a rifle.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:24:46 AM »
First of all, WELCOME!  Glad to have you here.  ;D

Second, for classifieds try here: http://www.nebraskafirepower.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Every once in a while you'll see a gun or 2 on Craigslist, but the ads get flagged pretty quickly.

What kind of rifle are you looking for?  For your first rifle I would suggest a nice used semi-auto in .22 long rifle.  Cheap to shoot and cheap to buy.  You should be able to find something decent for under $100. 

If you are new to guns, I would suggest at least enrolling in a hunters safety course first before  you buy a gun.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline CurtisJohson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
Nice, I guess I didn't scroll down that far. ???

I have done a bit of shooting with some degree of training before with a 22 @ a rifle club.

Thanks for welcoming message :)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
Another suggestion, if you're relatively new to shooting.  I would highly recommend looking into attending an Appleseed event.  You'll pick up a lot of great marksmanship pointers.  There's one scheduled in Hastings for July 24th & 25th:

http://appleseedinfo.org