< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Help needed at Lincoln Ikes range  (Read 1645 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Help needed at Lincoln Ikes range
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »
The Lincoln Isaac Walton League is putting in a new 75/50/25 yard range and I'm helping out with it.  I'm going to try and drill post holes this weekend for the target stands.  We have a gas powered auger available but apparently it takes two guys to run it.  Anyone willing to help out?  I may have one guy lined up but it's not for sure.  We can shoot when we're done, and I'll buy the adult beverages....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Help needed at Lincoln Ikes range
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »
I could help, prefer Sunday over Saturday, as Sat I am busy until after lunch, and then it is too hot?

Early Sunday would be my preferred time.

I have to pass on the Adult beverages, but I am always up for a Diet Dew.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »
Let me know your plans
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »
Sorry, I missed your first reply.  Sunday morning works for me, I'm available pretty much any time.  Maybe 8 or 9:00?  I agree, let's get it done before it gets hot.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 07:37:07 PM »
9 works for me. I will be there
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:38:40 PM »
Any other Lincoln IKE's members or Shooters that can help out?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:02 PM »
Bump
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 07:48:59 AM »
I'll come out and help on Sunday, see you guys about 9.
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
It was a hot, muggy morning, and we managed to dig a few holes in the prehistoric clay before we broke the auger :P

It's  probably a good thing or we might have developed heatstroke. Though we did manage to recover enough to shoot a bit on the pistol range. ;D

Next time out we need more help! Like a backhoe with a power auger attachment...that clay is really tough to make holes in
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
Thanks for the help guys...I was feeling pretty good after I sat in the air conditioning and ate lunch so I went back out and drilled two more holes after I fixed the auger.  That about did me in.  I'm not convinced that stuff is clay, I think it's some kind of bulletproof polymer.

We should get a bunch of guys together like you suggested and have a big NFOA shoot at the Ikes after punching some more holes in the ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
You drilled two holes all by yourself! It was tough enough with 3 rotating in
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder