< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Scheels doesn't get it about LB 817  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Locked n Loaded

• Forum Member
Re: Scheels doesn't get it about LB 817
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 11:04:19 AM »
Quote from RLM5150:

Both the CHP and the Nebraska FPC are valid forms of "permission" by the State of Nebraska to purchase a handgun, as granted by the State of Nebraska.  Having "permission" from the State of Nebraska and having passed a background check are separate

This is correct, both are forms of permission to purchase a handgun.  When a call is made to FBI NICS (thanks, it was late last night) the operator asks if the firearm being transferred is a long gun or a handgun.  If you state "Handgun" the NICS operator will not proceed with the check since the state of residence of the purchaser stated by the dealer earlier in the NICS call is "Nebraska" and a Handgun Purchase Certificate is needed in order to transfer in Nebraska.  The HPC serves as the background check.  Until approved by the ATF, a CHP does not. 

Please e-mail me directly and we can compare ATF sources.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
Well that could be the difference.    I don't use the phone, I do it all online with e-NICS.

Interesting.  I will be in touch.

Thanks

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »
I haven't looked at AR stuff at Scheel's Omaha (other than ammo) for awhile, but I'm pretty sure they had collapsible stocks in the glass case near the rifle cases with the magazines and flashlight mounts and such.

In all honesty, Scheel's Omaha has been pretty good to me.  They will keep getting my business.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 02:41:25 PM »
+1
Jack is the manager in Omaha and has been very helpful to me.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »
After going to both the Omaha and Lincoln Scheels in the past week I'm thinking the salesman must have been full of it.  Both stores had AR's with folding stocks, in fact the Lincoln one had a JP rifle with a Magpul PRS stock.  Most of their AR's are DPMS but it's pretty cool that they're carrying some higher end stuff.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:27:30 AM by bkoenig »

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »
As some of you probably know, I was banned from the forum some time ago.  Apparently, the ban has expired.  I'm not posting here to argue with anyone or create unnecessary conflict.  I wouldn't be here at all but for the fact that NFOA still sends me email alerts.  I was curious about the legislation that NFOA is supporting regarding the so called castle doctrine.  It was unclear to me in the letter posted by Mr. Allen, apparently from the Omaha World Herald, whether the legislation being supported included the right to defend oneself anywhere one has a legal right to be, or exclusively in ones' own home.

As for Lincoln law, the topic of this thread, I don't have documentation at hand.  However, I seem to recall after doing some research in the past that the special misdemeanor crimes that prohibit possession of a firearm in Lincoln and preclude one from getting a permit to purchase will not be enforced against those with a concealed handgun permit.  On an additional note, I believe possession includes ownership, not simply have the firearm on or near you at any given time.  Therefore, taking guns to your father's house, or some other friend or relative, would not prevent prosectution for this offense unless the place of storage was outside the city limits.  Just an FYI for anyone caught in this situation.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 03:18:56 AM »
They never used to sell any evil firearms, then Cabelas came to town selling anything.

Now that Cabelas is under new corporate style management don't expect gun counter men who know anything.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
If you talking about Jack Prewitt, he's about as classy as a person can be, I once saw him draw himself the winning ticket for a 1500 dollar Colt single action, he was president of the club then, and threw it in the fire and said draw again...

+1
Jack is the manager in Omaha and has been very helpful to me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:23:30 PM by Dan W »

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
Bought a Walter P22 today at Cabelas, they have changed their policy somewhat from the past with no gripes from me, they took my CCW permit, but did do a NIC check on me...  Now if Scheels would get smart and do the same thing...

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
Wish I had a surefire way to move the BATFE into action.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 12:49:21 AM »
was at scheels tonight, the have ars in.223 with the collapsible stocks now.