< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tour of Lincoln Ikes?  (Read 650 times)

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
Tour of Lincoln Ikes?
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:27:40 AM »
I have been considering joining the Lincoln Ikes but would like to know more about the range. Do they ever have a day when non members can  come look over the facilities? I don't care if I get to shoot i would just like to see what is available. I don't want to spend the money if it is something I will not use.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Tour of Lincoln Ikes?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:55 AM »
Hello,
I am a member of Ikes and shoot often. If you come out to the range on one of the days that a match open to the public is going on you can take a look around and observe what is going on. No shooting of course unless you join in on what ever is going on at the time. The gate to the rifle/pistol ranges is open during matches to the public and you are welcome to come in to observe or shoot in the match. This Sunday there will be an open match on the 300 yard range for Big Bore Single Shot Rifles, its a steel gong match and most shooters are using big Sharps rifles using black powder cartridges. Gate will be open at 8:00 am and the match starts at 9:00. Check the web site for other days and times open public shoots are scheduled. When you come out just stop off at the event and introduce yourself and we will be happy to give you the low down on the range and club.

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Tour of Lincoln Ikes?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:32:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply Wildgoose. Sounds like a good way to spend some time on Sunday. I think I will come out and have a look around and observe some of the match.