< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The Boomsticks  (Read 2229 times)

Offline AKNUT

• Forum Member
The Boomsticks
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:12:41 AM »
As promised, here's a couple pics of my shotguns.  Mossy 500 Cruiser model and Saiga 12.

I just recently acquired the S12.  It came in sporting rifle configuration originally.  I did the pistol grip conversion myself, sitting at my desk in my office.  Except for the dremeling, I did that in the laundry room  ;D.  This is a fun gun.  Love, love, love this thing!  Nothing feels quite like rapid firing 20 rounds of 00 buck in about 8 seconds.  (20 round drum not pictured, pictured with 10 rd. magazine)  The rifle is fully 922r compliant.

Original configuration

Evil configuration

The Saiga along with my Mossy

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: The Boomsticks
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
Wow, that Saiga is sexy.  I've always wanted one of those.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
What front handguard is that? 
I need to get working on my S12... sporting clays shoot with the guys at work coming up soon.  >:D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AKNUT

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »

Thanks bkoenig!  If you want one, you should make it happen soon as I hear relations between the importer and the russians are pretty strained.  Its quite possible that importation of them might stop at any time from what I understand.  This info comes from the owner of Atlantic Firearms, a saiga distributor.

Farmer Rick, I got the handguard setup, along with all my other conversion parts from Carolina Shooters Supply.  Great folks to deal with at CSS.  The handguard is super light and doesnt get hot at all.  Me likey!