< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Is this the appropriate place for questions about candidates?  (Read 2784 times)

Offline RWNJ

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Is this the appropriate place for questions about candidates?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 08:15:41 PM »
Ashford is iffy.  His hot button is to get some training into the schools. If we can work this right, it will definitely benefit the Second Amendment cause.
Cynical, opinionated, and far to the right of conservative.

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Tom Dierks, 26th Legislative District
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »
By the way, I have a personal note from Tom saying "2nd amendment & concealed carry - FULLY FAVOR". 

So contrary to what you may have read in the NRA publications, he is not a "?"

See you at the polls.
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
I thought I had mentioned this before but maybe not.  Here's an e-mail exchange I had with Tom Dierks last spring.

Bill,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.  People should be able to carry concealed weapons.  I'm more in favor of the Castle doctrine than against it.  Just hope it isn't too dangerous.  I work with those who are mentally ill, and believe there could be a case where a person is disorganized and could end  up a the wrong place at the wrong time, but not be a danger to others.  Not sure what you want to know about hunting and fishing.  Will just say that I'm a hunter, and I think hunting is good.  Even beneficial for boys who ought to know how to handle guns in a healthy manner.  I'm all for fishing if I could just catch bigger catfish, and it didn't have to be in the middle of the night!

Tom

P.S.  Do you live in the district, in 26?
- Hide quoted text -

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:06 AM, wrote:

Hello Tom,

I would like to hear your position on a people being able to carry
    concealed weapons,  the movement to bring the Castle doctrine to
    Nebraska statutes, and hunting and fishing.

Thank you,
Bill

Tom was on my doorstep last week and we had a nice conversation.  I think he will be a huge upgrade over McGill.

Offline ScottC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 03:12:19 PM »
I've always thought that IF the libs were serious about 'protecting' kids, then firearm instruction should be mandatory in schools.  Start with something similar to the NRA's "Eddie the Eagle" program and then work up to just being able to clear any type of weapon whether you're interested in shooting or not.  Most kids know what end of a knife, saw or other common tools to hold, why not a firearm?

But that's going back to rule one of firearm safety: "Treat every firearm like it is loaded."

But the libs aren't really 'serious' about protecting kids anyway are they... just amassing power for themselves at the cost of everyone else's civil rights (which they also claim to defend).

Gotta love the hypocracy.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 12:17:31 AM »
I've always thought that IF the libs were serious about 'protecting' kids, then firearm instruction should be mandatory in schools.  Start with something similar to the NRA's "Eddie the Eagle" program and then work up to just being able to clear any type of weapon whether you're interested in shooting or not.  Most kids know what end of a knife, saw or other common tools to hold, why not a firearm?

But that's going back to rule one of firearm safety: "Treat every firearm like it is loaded."

But the libs aren't really 'serious' about protecting kids anyway are they... just amassing power for themselves at the cost of everyone else's civil rights (which they also claim to defend).

Gotta love the hypocracy.

Agreed. It would definitely be great to pass some sort of legislation in Nebraska to bring gun safety/training to our public schools. I've always believed this is the answer to the firearms accidents the anti-gun groups use to argue against guns. Society has been ignorant of gun safety for too long and the media has been an accomplice in this matter as well by demonizing guns rather than to educate people of the bigger positive side of gun ownership and how to use guns correctly.