< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Finally got my EMP  (Read 988 times)

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Finally got my EMP
« on: January 28, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
I finally got my Springfield EMP 9mm that I've been salivating over for months.  I am planning on going and trying to break it in a little this weekend at the bullet hole. My Tucker Gunleather "Answer" will be here in about 4 weeks.  My other handgun is a .40 so I haven't purchased much for 9mm rounds for a few years, does anyone know of where the best place around Omaha is to buy for the best deals on 9mm ammo? 
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Finally got my EMP
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »
sparky:

I don't usually tout any particular business, and I don't have anything to gain, but I've found LuckyGunner.com to be a reputable, but cheap, source of ammo.  They were able to provide some things I couldn't find anywhere else when the ammo shortage occurred awhile back, and they did it for prices that couldn't be matched locally (I'm in Lincoln).  The delivery was unbelievably fast, and you know right up front whether the ammo you're looking for is in stock or not.  There may be better places, but I was quite happy with them.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
Thanks, I will have to check into that I have never ordered ammo before.  Took out the EMP this weekend and put around 200 rounds through it and it worked flawlessly.  Not a single FTF, FTE nothing.  It really surprised me because I've heard the first few hundred rounds through these can be pretty bad.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
My other handgun is a .40 so I haven't purchased much for 9mm rounds for a few years, does anyone know of where the best place around Omaha is to buy for the best deals on 9mm ammo? 

The Answer IS: "Your basement!"   115gr Winchester FMJ bullet, WSP, 6.5 gr Power Pistol ..... some assembly required.

This gives me just under 1200 f/sec in my EMP ..... and costs about $.18 or $.19 ($10/box) without buying anything in bulk.....

Not a single FTF, FTE nothing.  It really surprised me because I've heard the first few hundred rounds through these can be pretty bad.

Mine did FMJ just fine when new, but had issues with HP ammo ....... after 500 or so FMJ, HP fed just as well......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »
My other handgun is a .40 so I haven't purchased much for 9mm rounds for a few years, does anyone know of where the best place around Omaha is to buy for the best deals on 9mm ammo? 

WalMart has 9mm Federal plinking ammo for either $9.47 or $10.47 a box (/50), depending of when you get it.  I'm not really a fan of giving firearms money to Walmart, but that's the cheapest I've found.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »
I have read a few reports of the Fed American Eagle 9mm being weak and causing some malfunctions in the new Gen4 Glocks.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
I've had very good luck with the cheap Federal 9mm stuff.  It is a little on the light side, but it's always functioned fine for me.  I don't shoot a Glock, though.