< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: KC police fire at backfiring van  (Read 680 times)

Offline Brian

• NFOA Full Member
KC police fire at backfiring van
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/12/2425221/kc-police-fire-at-backfiring-van.html

Two Kansas City police officers who thought they were being shot at from inside a van returned fire Thursday night.

Only later did police realize that the van was actually backfiring and the man inside was not armed. He was not injured by the shots fired by police.

Windows of the police car were apparently shot out by the officers as they exited the patrol car...

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/12/2425221/kc-police-fire-at-backfiring-van.html#ixzz15BpaBs1g

A-FIXER

Re: KC police fire at backfiring van
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
Yes, even temperment of todays officers need to be addressed and if they are unable to pass and decern they need to be removed. As I say this as I carry I am not prone to pull and fire my weapon of self defense but to rapidly be aware of my surroundings and to adjust not to fire and then having to investigate as the KC Police are doing now after the officers already have come to understand it is a van backfiring, just as all things continual education of manditory phys testing of todays police that have undergone instances such as this...

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: KC police fire at backfiring van
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
 I deleted a link to a law enforcement forum that had a story about a windshield being shot out and a suspect from a white van taken in for questioning.
 I'm sure it was the original story until they found out the suspect was unarmed.
 I had posted a link to the story but Copyright issues made me delete the link.
   RJ

Feel free to google. :-X
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:17:16 PM by omaharj »