< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gunsmith In Omaha?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Gunsmith In Omaha?
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »
Saw the Lincoln thread, thought I'd post one of my own.

Looking for a gunsmith that would be capable to destroy an existing blind pin-and-weld job on an extended A2 flash hider on my 14.5" AR15 barrel (destroying the flash hider is ok as long as the barrel is fine) and then add a new muzzle device, properly indexed, to the barrel with another blind pin-and-weld job.

Definitely not the kind of thing I'd want to do myself and I know of places like Adco where you can mail it out but I'd prefer to not have to mail my upper receiver out if possible.

Thanks for your time.

A-FIXER

Re: Gunsmith In Omaha?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
I use omaha gun and machine they threaded some barrels for me and timed the flashhider on one of my guns, he is a very nice guy and he is reasonable to do work here's his link to call him[url][http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=OMAHA+GUN+AND+MACHINE+REVIEWS&aq=o&aqi=&oq=/url] .
A-FIXER

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:29:51 AM »
For what that will cost you will be half way to the $200 to register the gun with the short barrel.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:49:06 AM »
That is true, but I would prefer not to register it as a SBR. Also, it is already legal for use, I just want to change out the A2-style (extended) flash hider for a compensator.