< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Assault Weapons and the Truth - John Lott  (Read 814 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Assault Weapons and the Truth - John Lott
« on: December 05, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
The Obama administration has nominated an anti-gun zealot as the U.S.?s top gun cop.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/254264/assault-weapons-and-truth-john-r-lott-jr

The Obama administration is moving into high gear in putting gun-control advocates into important government positions. The administration?s nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), Andrew Traver, should be of particular concern. His attacks on the civilian use of so-called assault weapons raise real questions about his willingness to distort the truth for political purposes. The person nominated to be the nation?s top gun cop shouldn?t use inaccurate descriptions to scare people into supporting gun control...

...The list of problems with Mr. Traver?s claims is very long. If he really believes that these weapons fire unacceptably ?heavy caliber? bullets, he is going to have to ban virtually all rifles. Small-game rifles ? guns designed to kill squirrels and rabbits without destroying too much meat ? typically fire .22-caliber bullets, which are only slightly smaller than the .223-caliber bullets fired by the M16 (used by the U.S. military since Vietnam) and the newer M4 carbine (used in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars). Deer-hunting rifles fire rounds that are very similar to those used by the AK-47...

read more at the link
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:00:12 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

A-FIXER

Re: Assault Weapons and the Truth - John Lott
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
Same type of trash hype, and yet this the normal law abiding citizen is the problem. They need to focus on the crime related offenders not the abiding citizens.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Assault Weapons and the Truth - John Lott
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:27:27 PM »
I absolutely can't stand people that pray on the ignorance and fear of the uninformed.

My parents were both "scared" of guns until I explained to them how they work and got them to the shooting range. Now they are both okay with them and my father owns more guns than I do!