< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Well, that didn't take long.... "Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill"  (Read 1287 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

~~~ See more at link ~~~
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

A-FIXER

Figures!.........

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates most ineffective members in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

~~~ See more at link ~~~

Fixed it for ya....luckily for us I don't think she's ever had a single piece of legislation (gun related or not) pass.  Not that we can afford to relax, though.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
She introduces gun control legislation every session.  It's her passion.  I'm sure she carries around a bill ready to introduce at a moment's notice after every shooting tragedy. 

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
If anything, with all the party fingerpointing, this will separate the two parties more. Nothing will get passed the house that the dems introduce as far as gun control. The dems are going to play this as hard as they can, overkill is not going to be in their favor.

I hope I'm right.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
McCarthy was the one who, when asked what a "barrel shroud" was, said "I believe it is a shoulder thing that goes up".  Should a person not fully know the subject they are trying to regulate? 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
Who didn't expect this?

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Onthefly:- Ignorance is seldom an impediment to Congress, particularly when it comes to gun control.

Ronvandyn: No one that pays any attention. She is an opportunistic vulture that built her 'career' on her husband's corpse. 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
She is an opportunistic vulture that built her 'career' on her husband's corpse. 

I disagree with her as much as the next person here, but that's going a bit too far.  I think she is wrong-headed, but I don't question the sincerity of her position, no matter how ill-conceived it may be.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Sincere? sure, but my point is her initial qualifications for congress amounted to her husband getting shot. Tragic certainly, but was that not THE reason she ran & was elected?

I DO question her competency concerning guns, the 'cause' she is allegedly so passionate about. Exhibit A for the prosecution: Conclusion? She is too lazy to even minimally educate herself about HER OWN PROPOSED LEGISLATION. So while she may be sincere, she is sincerely wrong and ignorant.

IMO she is a shameless opportunist that promotes herself on the suffering of others. She disgusts me.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud