< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sarpy County Sheriff's office.  (Read 1998 times)

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
Sarpy County Sheriff's office.
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »
As I prepare to build my first AR I was looking through my wallet to find my purchase permit to speed up the process. I discovered that 2 of the numbers had accidently been transposed on the permit when it was printed. I went into the Sheriff's office today to get a new one, expecting that I would have to pay and fill out the form again. They were nice enough to make me a new one in about 5 minutes, and the lady behind the glass was incredibly nice and helpful. I only post this because I haven't always had the most positive experiences with county employees and thought I would share.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: Sarpy County Sheriff's office.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
Always good to hear these positive experiences.

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Sarpy County Sheriff's office.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:36:19 AM »
Always good to hear these positive experiences.

I only bring it up because the young lady who initially took my application last year treated me like I was a second class citizen for wanting to exercise my rights. It is disheartening to think that the attitude among a chunk of our population (especially someone who works for the Sheriff for crying out loud) is to look upon gun owners as pariahs and it was however, quite nice to deal with someone who didn't.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."