< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Magazine Ban now up to 100 co-sponsors in the House  (Read 821 times)

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
Magazine Ban now up to 100 co-sponsors in the House
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
Please write your Congresscritter.  This bill makes it a Felony to possess a high capacity magazine.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-308
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Magazine Ban now up to 100 co-sponsors in the House
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 11:23:14 AM »
I noticed that every one of those cosponsors are Democrats.  If this bill goes anywhere I'd be amazed.  That being said, I was amazed last year when the Dems passed the HCR the way they did.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
Please write your Congresscritter.  This bill makes it a Felony to possess a high capacity magazine.

I'd say that those are "standard" or "full capacity" magazines.  Don't fall into the trap of using their words, or they will control the debate.  They want to define 10 round mags as "standard capacity" and 10+ round mags as "high capacity".  We can't let them get away with that.  ;D
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 01:14:54 AM »
Just in case, I stopped by Rod's shop and picked up a couple more PMAGS - ya just never know ...