< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obama to address gun control soon.  (Read 1206 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Obama to address gun control soon.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
This should be on our front page...Just a thought.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
So, we should  just drop the Lobby Day alert, ignore the Castle Bill , the uniform signage articles, and other local issues because liberals are for gun control?

Think again
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:17 PM »
I never said that Dan.  Maybe I should have said ALSO. Didn't know I had to be that specific. Geez
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:40:41 PM by huskergun »
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:41:22 PM »
I agree with Dan W. Our best efforts are going to be on the home front for now. We have issues right here in NE that were stired up by the school shooting in Omaha. Dont get me wrong, I am concerned about things on the national level too. But the liberal agenda on that level will be far more difficult to enact than what we may face here on the home front. I have a hard time believing that the Republicans are going to let a side issue like gun control push the economy off the center stage right now. In reading the article I see a lot of backpeddeling on the administrations part in making guns a front page issue any time soon. A speech in a "few weeks" as a "seperate issue" sounds like less than a full court press. Of course I could always be wrong, its politics after all but for now I am more worried about our state representitives.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »
You may not have said it huskergun, but there is only so much room on the front page and doing as you suggest would have effectively taken the focus off of the local agenda, and that in my opinion would be a mistake.

Liberals have always, and will always want to advance gun control, and an address by obama changes nothing. 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »
Local or National ...It's all the same to me. It was just a thought. No big deal.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 11:39:11 PM »
I see the writer of the article even stated that clinton, and gore also lost voters on their stance on banning firearms/gun control and with as many whom have purchased firearms in these recent times are now a part of the voting force who are to be reckoned with when selection of new political seats.... good for us that even the rumored threat of loss of ability to own firearms only see a world awaking of the slumbering americans who do not want the right to own and protect REMOVED from them by this goverment or U.N. policies....

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 08:06:27 AM »
There is really no need for Obama to address gun control at this time.  He can just have the BATFE change their regulations to effectively institute more gun control, just as they are wanting to do with the banning of Saiga shotguns.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

Conclusion
The purpose of section 925(d)(3) is to provide a limited exception to the general prohibition on
the importation of firearms without placing ?any undue or unnecessary Federal restrictions or
burdens on law-abiding citizens with respect to the acquisition, possession, or use of
firearms?.?

Our determinations will in no way preclude the importation of true sporting
shotguns
.  While it will certainly prevent the importation of certain shotguns, we believe that                                             
those shotguns containing the enumerated features cannot be fairly characterized as ?sporting?
shotguns under the statute.  Therefore, it is the recommendation of the working group that
shotguns with any of the characteristics or features listed above not be authorized for importation.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:08:31 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.