< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: South Dakota to issue CCW permits to green card holders?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
South Dakota to issue CCW permits to green card holders?
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_ad97c532-4474-11e0-861d-001cc4c03286.html

PIERRE -- A bill to allow legal resident non-citizens to receive concealed carry permits for guns is on its way to Gov. Dennis Daugaard.

House Bill 1149 passed the Senate 33-1 after previously clearing the House 66-2.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

A-FIXER

Re: South Dakota to issue CCW permits to green card holders?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »
This is a win, regardless of some who may object to it just as was stated in the post of the Hivee shooting was '' All people have a right to protect themselves''. And this plan and bill fills that aspect, of a human having the right to protect one's self. Its my view on this post.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »
I agree, its a win.  The effort these folks who have a green card had to go through to get it (most, not all) is significant, and they deserve the right to self defense. 

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
Yeah, it's a win when greencards are lost and sold all the time. Backgrounds can't be checked because some that cross the borders do not use their given name, therefore a criminal record is unavaliable on either side of the border. I'll bet we have no problem jumping the Mexican border and carrying a gun legally either. How about reciprocy between countries?

Humans have the right to self preservation, I agree. But that right should extend world wide to all people. I myself have mixed feelings about this, it is because of one single incident.

A-FIXER

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
Yes Dave, but we all have had these single incidents, and to my personal good fortune I move on from them and now live a waaaay better life. Nothing is perfect in this world as if it was We as firearm owners would not have to under go what we have to under go to have enjoyment of life as we want to live it.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:34:57 PM »
Just putting it back the way it was.  Just recently they changed the law to US citizens only and took already issued permits away from residents that had them for a long time.

You do not have to be a US citizen to own firearms, to go hunting, to be a ffl or even a machine gun dealer so a carry permit makes sense to me also.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger