General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Anyone like ribs?

<< < (3/3)

Ram Ringer:
Semperfiguy

That is correct. I work for the USDA Wildlife Services and we are the ones that usually get the call to fly to remove the hogs. Kansas started out letting people hunt hogs at Fort Riley, but they get wise and will go nocturnal making it harder to remove all of them. Now Kansas has several populations of them. In fact my Supervisor use to be our aerial gunner in Kansas. Another reason Game and Parks doesn't want hunters to shoot them when encountered they are concerned that some people will become enterprising and release domestic hogs so they have something to shoot. Once the domestic hogs are released into the wild they will reproduce multiple litters a year thus increasing their population. It also only takes a couple of generations for the skeletal structure to change and they revert back to a more wild state. As for the information in the article it is pretty much spot on. Not only will the hogs damage property and crops they can be hazardous to humane health and safety they can also readily transmit disease to domestic hogs.

SemperFiGuy:
Ram Ringer, et.al:

Now you will be getting a flood of applications from all those Former 'Nam-era Slick Helicopter Door Gunners who just want to volunteer their services to restore Nature's balance to Nebraska Wildlife.

And maybe even from One Ol' Hold-'Em-and-Squeeze-'Em Ex-USMC Rifle Instructor from way back in the Korean Police Action Era.

Heck, we'd even chip in for gas for the helicopter.

sfg

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: Ram Ringer on February 10, 2011, 09:38:27 PM ---Semperfiguy

That is correct. I work for the USDA Wildlife Services and we are the ones that usually get the call to fly to remove the hogs. Kansas started out letting people hunt hogs at Fort Riley, but they get wise and will go nocturnal making it harder to remove all of them. Now Kansas has several populations of them. In fact my Supervisor use to be our aerial gunner in Kansas. Another reason Game and Parks doesn't want hunters to shoot them when encountered they are concerned that some people will become enterprising and release domestic hogs so they have something to shoot. Once the domestic hogs are released into the wild they will reproduce multiple litters a year thus increasing their population. It also only takes a couple of generations for the skeletal structure to change and they revert back to a more wild state. As for the information in the article it is pretty much spot on. Not only will the hogs damage property and crops they can be hazardous to humane health and safety they can also readily transmit disease to domestic hogs.

--- End quote ---

This is all the more reason to make hunting feral pigs legal, at night, with night vision optics...Problem solved!  You're welcome.  ;D

Fly

greg58:
I could watch these videos all night..

Greg58

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version