< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2010 Weapons Offenses in Lincoln  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Brunay

• NFOA Full Member
2010 Weapons Offenses in Lincoln
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
from Lincoln Police Chief Tom Casady's blog:

Here is a recap of the 207 weapons offenses investigated by the Lincoln Police Department in 2010:

There were 15 cases of possession of weapons that are illegal per se.  This included three sawed off shotguns, and two firearm with the serial numbers ground off.  The remainder were illegal knives?primarily switchblades.

Seventeen cases were felons in possession of firearms.

Illegally concealed weapons constituted 83 cases: 56 knives, 15 firearms, and 10 brass knuckles, one Samuri sword, a machete, and two flails.

The remainder ran the gamut, such as underage possession of a handgun, illegally discharging guns (and crossbows) within the city limits, illegal transactions or attempts at pawn shops.

http://lpd304.blogspot.com/

Anyone heard any specifics regarding any of the illegally concealed firearms being permit holders caught in a gun-free zone?

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
Re: 2010 Weapons Offenses in Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:55:55 AM »
I doubt there was any or the chief would of blown it up into a big deal.
N0ZXR

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:02:39 PM »
I doubt there was any or the chief would of blown it up into a big deal.

That is for sure. TC would have jumped on that
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »

What do you all make of this quote from tommy?:

"I am anxiously awaiting a Lincoln case in which a concealed handgun permit holder thwarts a crime with his or her concealed handgun. It has to happen, eventually."

Why are you so anxious tommy?  So you can go pin something on that legally carrying citizen?  Yeah, I bet you are just foaming at the mouth waiting for that day...

BTW - He did answer that there are 1445 CC permits in Lancaster County

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
I misspelled his name, but at least the comment got posted. Sounds like he is just waiting for a CCW to take out half the population so he can tell everyone he told us so. It just doesn't seem to be happening.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »
I think he's being sarcastic, meaning he doesn't believe it will ever happen.  That guy is a real jerk.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
I have to say I agree with DaveB on this one.  tommy is just dying to have a CC holder make the slightest of a wrong move so he can go to the legislature and say "na na naaa naa.  Told you so.  Gun nuts are turning Lincoln into the wild west" 

Im not quite sure how it is possible for someone in LE to be so completely anti gun.  Maybe he would prefer the rest of the force drop their .45's and go back to just night sticks??? 

Maybe just all get together and sing all four stanzas of kumbaya?

Regardless of how I feel about tommy, I do have to say every encounter I have had with LPD has gone better and smoother since I have my CC.  Seems like the ones I have met are more prone to give me the benefit of the doubt.  I know for sure one time it got me out of a ticket. 

I have always wondered what the boys (and girls) in blue really think of the chief?  I do know what many LSO think of tommy!   ::) 

BTW - are there any LEO here?

66bigblock

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
Chiefs of Police are typically political appointees and don't necessarily reflect the values of the citizens they serve (or the officers they supervise).  Most regular officers I've known have been a lot more open minded about civilian gun owners, or outright pro-gun.  TC has a big brother mentality and thinks only the government should have guns, IMHO.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
Hard to have a lot of respect for a guy that for years denied Lincoln had gangs.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 06:23:33 AM »
TC,s little coup in getting the City Council to lower the bar for a citizen to loose the right to own firearms here in Lincoln to a number of mistomeniors pretty much says it all on where he is coming from. These laws are obviously unconstitutional on both State and Federal levels and only intended to be used to harrass and intimidate those who would not have the means to fight them. In my mind its the rankest form of government misuse of power to attempt to control us inspite of our constitutional protections. 

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 12:04:13 PM »
He shaved his moustache!!!!   He shaved his moustache!!!!

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 03:18:22 AM »
So?
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
Through my job I have gotten to know quite a few current and former LPD officers. And everyone of them is pro-gun, and pro-ccw. In fact several of them have the belief that if you are an LEO or have a CCW and you don't carry then you are crazy. The feeling I get from LPD is that the field Officers Sgts and below are this way and it is the Admin level that are the anti's. Of course this is probably the same at any Law Enforcement agency.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis