< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: need two scopes  (Read 784 times)

Offline gsfxst

• Forum Member
need two scopes
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:53:46 AM »
i need to buy a scope i have a nikon buck master 4.5x14 side focus i have two rifles that need scopes a savage 110 in 300 mag and a ar-15 223  flat top a-2 style with a 1in 9 twist the 300 will be used for hunting in western neb. and hopfully elk in montana the AR ill shoot at the range 300 yards max and praire dogs if i get the time to go icant deside what to do and what power would work best on the rifle i buy the new scope for i would like to stay between 300 to 400 hunderd on the new scope

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: need two scopes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »
From the sounds of it, you are wanting a scope for the AR that has higher magnification?   

The Nikon you have now may work well on the Savage .300 WM for your purposes.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline gsfxst

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
i bought new base and rings for the 300mag and put the buckmaster on it now i need a scope for the AR-15

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
Another Buckmaster would be my recommendation, but use a one piece mount for the AR15

http://www.maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_piece/ar15_onepiece_mounts.htm

I have used an Armalite mount and now use a LaRue Tactical mount.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.