< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: More gun laws introduced in Congress yesterday!!  (Read 1342 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
More gun laws introduced in Congress yesterday!!
« on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:07 PM »
Here are some gun laws that were introduced yesterday in Congress:

The only good one of the bunch:
H.R.420
Latest Title: To provide an amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register certain firearms in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, and for other purposes.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-420

Now for the crap:

no links to text of below introduced bills as of this time.

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=330513
Lautenberg Introduces High-Capacity Gun Magazine Ban as Part of Common-Sense Gun Safety Package
Three Bills Would Ban High-Capacity Gun Magazines, Close 'Terror Gap' and End Gun Show Loophole

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/assets/highcapacity.pdf
http://lautenberg.senate.gov/assets/terrorgap.pdf
http://lautenberg.senate.gov/assets/gunshow.pdf

S.176
Latest Title: A bill to establish minimum standards for States that allow the carrying of concealed firearms.

(This is being called the "Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011" - from her website: Senator Boxer?s legislation would require all states that allow residents to carry concealed weapons to establish permitting processes that would include meaningful consultation with local law enforcement authorities to determine whether the permit applicant is worthy of the public trust and has shown good cause to carry a concealed firearm.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:59:03 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: More gun laws introduced in Congress yesterday!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
Rick,

I have tried to follow your links, but only the link to Lautenberg's newsroom and the Lautenberg PDF document worked.  I tried also to search the Library of Congress for the aforementioned bills, but could not find them by number or title.

Could you post some better links?

Thanks,
Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »
s.176. can't link to it directly
try this one http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-176

Doesnt this turn all shall issue states into may issue?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:22:10 PM by skydve76 »

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
Well I hope the Republican Bulwark in the House of Representatives will shoot all this nonsense down.

And the NRA has stated that with the 2010 election there are now supposedly 50 "A rated" Senators which would be half. If all 50 and one B rated senator votes no on all the measures, those bills will die. And again, hopefully none of this will even have a chance in the House.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:32:02 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline SFC Stu

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
Senator Boxer and Congress is not going to tell the states how to run their CCW laws!
I'm not going to consult with anyone about carrying a firearm Senator! I hope you understand that!

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
(This is being called the "Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011" - from her website: Senator Boxer?s legislation would require all states that allow residents to carry concealed weapons to establish permitting processes that would include meaningful consultation with local law enforcement authorities to determine whether the permit applicant is worthy of the public trust and has shown good cause to carry a concealed firearm.)

Worthy of trust?  That's exactly the reservation McGill revealed during the LB88 hearing a couple weeks ago.  How can we trust people to be carrying these deadly weapons around everywhere?  Suzanne Hupp had it right when she said, "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual? as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline ke4yqd

• NFOA Full Member
  • BRING IT ON!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:31:28 AM »
Guess I will need to get some more 40 rnd mags for the AK and Saiga.  Just got 4 20rd mags for the beretta...

Are going to change the way the terror list is made so if a person is on it they can refute it with someone?  Right now, I believe the process of having your name removed is nearly impossible.

89% in a bipartisan pole doesn't sound like they poled a good cross section.  Sounds like they poled 89 anti gun activists and 11 gun owners...

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Haven't read other than S. 176. 

Start writing your Senators and Representatives.  Make donation to your favorite gun lobby (CCRKBA, NRA, etc) assuming they're not favoring the bill, if they are find a new group.

If we have to have permission from State(s) to carry concealed, a uniform law from state to state would be good.  Not this one though. 

Why do we allow the Fed to dictate to states how we defend ourselves, whether we drive 55 or 85 on our highways, where we get our health care...

NRA, USCCA, NFOA