< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: National Safety Council (NSC) Seminar  (Read 836 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
National Safety Council (NSC) Seminar
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
Omaha Chapter NSC offered a free public seminar last night entitled Gun Safety:  Keeping Handguns Out of the Wrong Hands.

I went.   Saw some NFOA-friendly faces there.   Place was pretty packed; I'm guessing maybe 100 gunfolks, many of whom are your friends.   Doors were posted, NO CCW.

Marty Conboy (Omaha City Attorney),  Ray O'Hearn (US Attorney's Office Consultant),  and Sgt. Policky  all spoke for about two hours.

Conboy spoke about Omaha gun ordnances and concealed carry.   O'Hearn spoke about a  $545 million federal program to keep gun crime down in the cities.

Sgt. Policky spoke  about home firearms safety and storage.

Two surprises for me:   (1) That a major agency, NSC, would address any kind of firearms issue, and (2) that it was reasonably friendly to CCW and 2nd Amendment issues.

Worth attending for an evening.    Better than most movies these days.   And not as many commercials as evening TV.   Plus I had watched the Masters earlier in the day.

Always Faithful,

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

A-FIXER

Re: National Safety Council (NSC) Seminar
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:52:07 PM »
Worth attending for an evening.    Better than most movies these days.   And not as many commercials as evening TV.   Plus I had watched the Masters earlier in the day.

Thanks Semper Fi,
you said a mouthful, and hopefully they stick close to their words.
A-F

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »
Doors were posted, NO CCW.

Interesting.  Was it held in a government building?

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.