< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nelson's e-update  (Read 890 times)

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
Nelson's e-update
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »
Did anyone else get Benidict Nelson's e-update?

He wanted to let us all know that he voted to repeal the 1099 requirement of zerobama care.

Here is my response.

Senator,
I just received your e-update regarding the repeal of the 1099 requirement of the Obama care law. Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. This action would not be necessary had you not voted to move Obama care foreword. I would like to thank you, however, for getting me more involved in politics. Now not only will I vote against you in the next election, I will actively campaign for your opponent.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Nelson's e-update
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:16:53 AM »
Yea, I got it but didn't bother to open it. I figured what ever he had to say was just bull any way. I'm not going to forget what he did no matter what he says.
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:54:04 PM »
My response to the soon-to-be-former senator was a little shorter but conveyed the same message.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:40:08 AM »
I got the same piece from him, so I replied with a similar smart alecky message.
I then sent it to my brother and he had already replied with his own message.
Apparently Ben may be able to gauge the feelings of Nebraska voters by the responses he receives.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
My reply is about the same as usual. He never sees them or hears of them. They are all intercepted by office staff and deleted. I do tell him that he needs to purchase property in the Chicago area to retire since he will not be welcomed in Nebraska as a permanent retiree.