< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Signal 88 Classes?  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Signal 88 Classes?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »
Never mind.  Not all the courses were listed when I looked.  Now there is a basic and advanced carbine class listed and my M1 looks welcome for the basic course.  Can't wait to take it.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
Never mind.  Not all the courses were listed when I looked.  Now there is a basic and advanced carbine class listed and my M1 looks welcome for the basic course.  Can't wait to take it.

If you decide to take the two-day course, let me know.  I'd be interested in taking it with someone from NFOA.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
If you decide to take the two-day course, let me know.  I'd be interested in taking it with someone from NFOA.

The two-day class looks like a lot of fun---I'll need to see if they'll let me take it without the Level I course first, though...  For once, I'm not doing anything that weekend, though it _will_ fill my one remaining weekend off.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Jsabbw

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 01:12:04 AM »
Sorry for the delayed response guys. Husker_Fan, your M1 is good. The class will be geared towards the AR15, but some classroom and range evolutions will be universal to all weapon platforms. jthhapkido, pretty sure your good for the two day :D. Look forward to seeing a bunch of you out at the range.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:08 AM »
The two-day class looks like a lot of fun---I'll need to see if they'll let me take it without the Level I course first, though...  For once, I'm not doing anything that weekend, though it _will_ fill my one remaining weekend off.  :)

I haven't taken the Level I course either but I didn't see that it was a pre-requisite for the Level II course.

Now, to see how the course fits into the hunting seasons ....

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »
I haven't taken the Level I course either but I didn't see that it was a pre-requisite for the Level II course.

For the rifle class, from http://88tactical.com/categories/7-rifle/courses/16-defensive-combat-rifle-fighting-course-2-day
---------------
Required Eligibility:

PREREQUISITE - Intro to Combat Rifle for Home Defense
    18-years of age
    Must come with rifle "zeroed"
    Rifle
        AR-15 and it’s variants
        etc....
-------------------------

Jsabbw, thanks for allowing me into the 2-day.  It may take a couple of weeks for me to convince myself completely ---but I'm pretty sure I'll be in that class.  :)   Mudinyeri---will probably see you there!

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
For the rifle class, from http://88tactical.com/categories/7-rifle/courses/16-defensive-combat-rifle-fighting-course-2-day
---------------
Required Eligibility:

PREREQUISITE - Intro to Combat Rifle for Home Defense
    18-years of age
    Must come with rifle "zeroed"
    Rifle
        AR-15 and it’s variants
        etc....
-------------------------

Jsabbw, thanks for allowing me into the 2-day.  It may take a couple of weeks for me to convince myself completely ---but I'm pretty sure I'll be in that class.  :)   Mudinyeri---will probably see you there!

Ah, I see it now.  I'm still getting used to the way their new website is organized and didn't realize that I needed to click on the Details banner.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »
Great.  I should be signing up soon for the Sept. 18 basic rifle class with a couple of friends.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
Ah, now if only there were some sort of NFOA coupon code for the 2-day carbine class...

;D   ;D   ;D 

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 08:20:56 AM »
Ah, now if only there were some sort of NFOA coupon code for the 2-day carbine class...

;D   ;D   ;D 

I suggested exactly the same thing.  Rumor has it that it's in the works.  :)

Offline Jsabbw

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
If you email swright@88tacticcal.com and tell her you are a member of NFOA she will issue you a ONE TIME coupon code for what ever class you sign up for. It's not a lot, but it is something!! Watch for rifle, shotgun and upper level handgun classes coming up. Also a fun shoot will be held in October and November.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »
If you email swright@88tacticcal.com and tell her you are a member of NFOA she will issue you a ONE TIME coupon code for what ever class you sign up for. It's not a lot, but it is something!! Watch for rifle, shotgun and upper level handgun classes coming up. Also a fun shoot will be held in October and November.

It is indeed something, and I've already used mine---going to the 2-Day tac rifle class in October.  Anyone else coming along?  Looks like it'll be a fun time!  (And a good reason to use your coupon code.  :) )

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 09:33:25 AM »
Unfortunately, we had some unanticipated expenses so I won't be able to go.  :(

Offline Jsabbw

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »
Glad the coupon is working for you guys. Sorry it is not more, but it is something. Look forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming classes. We have some space left in the Intro to Rifle class, some space in the Womens Only CCW class.
Anybody that signed up for the two day rifle class watch you email for some lodging updates. Also check out the website.......some halloween fun is about to happen!!! ;D

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »
I attended the basic rifle class yesterday and I just want to say what a great time I had.  Greg ran a top-notch program.

The classroom instruction was very well tailored for an intro-level class and really helped everyone learn how to more efficiently run their rifle.  Greg struck a great balance between keeping things professional and serious while injecting some good humor to keep everyone's attention.  Even the people who had years of experience on the AR-15 were interested in the information presented.  Heck, I was the only person not running an AR-15 and I was engrossed in the presentation and am sure now I'll get an AR at some point.

The live fire portion was extremely useful (and of course, a lot of fun).  The range was well supervised and safety was obviously the top concern.

While the class was geared to the AR platform, I was their with my Underwood M1 carbine mix-master.  I was a bit nervous about keeping up with high-speed, low-drag AR's with optics, but I learned a lot.  Being in a live fire setting with other folks gives you immediate feedback when trying different techniques in drills.  For example, I wasn't quite as fast on reloads, but I tried three different techniques at speed and quickly figured out which one had me back up and running almost as fast as the other folks.

Another thing I learned that I wasn't expecting was that a gun with zeroed irons can be almost as quick and just as accurate as one with optics and I have a lot more confidence in my rifle than I did before this class.  No, my M1 won't double as a 400 yard tack driver, but it will work for what I need it to do, and what this class is all about.

Thanks again to the 88 Tactical folks, especially Greg and Jason, for running a great class, and for the coupon code.