< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My Mosin Nagant scope conversion  (Read 2374 times)

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
My Mosin Nagant scope conversion
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
I picked this up from Cabella's when they had the sale, I had to be on a wait list though, I think I paid $69 bucks, or $89 something like that.

After pulling it all apart, I noticed under the rear sight there is a 3/8 dovetail under it.  Not sure if that is standard or not.  I decided I would use a pistal scope on it.  I got a bushnell 2-6X32 trophy handgun scope on clearance for $100, normally a $200 scope.  It has a fixed eye relief and the relief is perfect on the mosen.

The mount rungs are for a .22, I will probably order some stouter mounts online but they seem to be ok.  I havent shot it yet with the scope.

This is now a $200 rifle, starting to wonder if it was worth it.  Walmart is selling .308s for around $250.

Either way, just wanted to show how a scope can be mounted.   Seems to be a lot of  crap out there no one is happy with, and the original scope cost a fortune.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:39:04 PM by skydve76 »

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: My Mosin Nagant scope conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »
I like the scout set-up ...... let me know how it holds up!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:44 AM »
any interference with the forward ring?  cant tell by the photos.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:13 AM »
no interference.  It has a lot of room to go back, just the eye relief on this scope it needs to be far forward. 

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »
shot the mosin todaywith the scope.  elevation was high, a few shots later, it was dialed in.  No windage adjustment neded.

After 10 shots my accuracy started suffering because damn that thing kicks.  After 15 shots my flinching was so bad I gave up..

Need to ice my arm.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:21:41 AM »
shot the mosin todaywith the scope.  elevation was high, a few shots later, it was dialed in.  No windage adjustment neded.

After 10 shots my accuracy started suffering because damn that thing kicks.  After 15 shots my flinching was so bad I gave up..

Need to ice my arm.

These things really work. Easy to slip on and off any rifle you need to use it on.
http://www.sageoutfitters.com/catalog/item/7185055/7383536.htmhttp://www.sageoutfitters.com/catalog/item/7185055/7383536.htm

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
^^^That they do.  I have a similar model hard mounted to my Mauser, takes alot of the fight out of the recoil, unless your my brother in law and don't seat the weapon properly. 
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.