< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How many Nebraska CHP's are there?????  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
How many Nebraska CHP's are there?????
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:28 AM »
As of April 11th, the number is now: 13,184

Nice to see that number increasing more and more!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: How many Nebraska CHP's are there?????
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 06:42:48 AM »
Wow, now if we could just get all of them involved with state & local level RKBA activism....

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:09:56 AM »
Wow, now if we could just get all of them involved with state & local level RKBA activism....

I'd be happy with just 10%. 
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline tut

• Forum Member
    • Tuts words
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
I have a question for my fellow CCW boot licking slip, er, permit holders out there.  Do you wear any kind of gun related anything on your jackets/hats/shirts/car, etc? 

As for me, I do not wish to broadcast my CCW status to potential violent criminals.  I suppose there's the IDPA and other competition venues that a guy could "dress up" with his gun garb, but I'm referring to the trips to the store, the walk down the street and the like.

You do carry all the time, right?  Nobody knows when or where violent crime will occur so no need for the "I'm not going anywhere I'd need a gun so I won't carry and I'll wear gun related t-shirts/hat" routine.  So, again and generally speaking, do you advertise that you carry?
Imagine how gun control might be stomped if either of the NON-COMPROMISING lobbying groups, the Second Amendment Foundation or Gun Owners of America, had the NRA's 4 million members!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »
You mean something like this?  :
http://www.zazzle.com/texas_concealed_carry_2_yes_i_am_tshirt-235974956335065349

I might throw on a NFOA shirt.  maybe a NRA or other firearm related , cap on even while out and about and carrying.  Of course I am always ready to answer any questions or concerns with the gun related laws and legislative process with anyone that notices said clothing. I too used to worry about 'advertising' but I actually found it to be a good recruiting tool and if you are well concealed, most folks won't notice or care.   
As a matter of fact, I have a 'chain' with a .45 lc round that I wear around my neck when I am carrying. It lets those who know me well, know that I am 'prepared'.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:57:09 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »
I just did 4 hours of yard work in an NFOA shirt, I regularly wear Larue Tactical or Glock hats, my truck is covered with  RKBA , NRA, NFOA stickers.

Nobody noticed

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:30:19 AM »
although not a CCW permit guy yet, i do have a couple of those $400 t-shirts from Scheels, and a couple marksmanship shirts that get used regularly. 
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
I don't wear anything that would draw attention to myself.  Other than a very small Gadsden flag in my pickup window there's nothing that would mark me as a gun owner.  Although I do tend to wear my Monster Hunter International shirt fairly often   ;D.  I too have a few of those $400 Scheels shirts, but I see those all around town so I don't think they really out me.

I have a few gun related hats that I've picked up over the years.  I never used to wear hats at all but since my hair is getting thinner on top I've had to start in the summer.  I only wear the gun ones to the range.

I've also heard a folding knife clipped to your pocket is a giveaway but I don't know.  I'm rarely without my Kershaw so maybe that is a sign. 

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »
I have a NRA Life Member decal on the car, along with other decals such as USAF Retired, RED HORSE, Viet Nam Veteran, etc. No patches on my clothing or hat. Don't carry often because I let my body go to fat and I can't hide my hardware very well. But, am working on that as best I can. Can't have one in the vehicle when I go to Offutt, subject to random search and I don't like the consequences. Carry more in the winter months when I can hide it better. When the excess weight is gone, I'll carry more often.
WØCHF

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »
i don't really advertise gun stuff very much (except my truck back window).  why should i wear a S&W shirt?  i had to BUY their gun, so why BUY their shirt?  maybe they should provide me with a shirt since i have a few of their guns.  but seriously, if you hang around people (like a mall or walking down the street), do you really notice what they are wearing or not wearing or how they are wearing it?  i only pay attention to who's around me and what they are doing, not what they are wearing, but then again maybe i should.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 10:07:38 PM »
Come to think of it, if folks I know see me NOT wearing something with guns on, they know there can be only one explaination;  I need to do laundry!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
I put Obama stickers on all my trucks and trailers. Nobody has a clue that I am armed!

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 12:27:51 PM »
I've also heard a folding knife clipped to your pocket is a giveaway but I don't know.  I'm rarely without my Kershaw so maybe that is a sign. 

A knife is a sign you're carrying a gun?  Interesting.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »
Come to think of it, if folks I know see me NOT wearing something with guns on, they know there can be only one explaination;  I need to do laundry!

:laugh:
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »
Social experiment this week.  I was thinking of this thread when I got up and decided to go to the store to purchase Justin Moore's new album.  I wore my Justin Moore tshirt that states in bold letters on the front 'GUNS' with a picture of the artist leaning with an old lever gun, and on the back the lyrics to the song  'as long as I'm alive and breathing, you ain't gonna take my GUNS', along with a standard issue NRA hat, my .45 Long Colt chain around my neck, and a loaded Kholster on my hip.  I picked up the cd, and pair of Red, White, Blue swim trunks and a 6pack o Bud, and the strangest thing happened as I cruised around the store, (a little more than I really needed to). Absolutly nothing. paid for my stuff, hopped on the bike and rode home. Never even a second glance.
Of course it WAS Walmart, so maybe the test was skewed a bit. ;)

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »
NE Bull:

Is there anyway you could dress that way again, take a picture and post it? Would love to see it!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
What? And blow my super stealthy ninja cover?  Never....

I didn't care if it WAS $30 at the concert I absolutely had to have it!