< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who Shoots/Carries Glock 33?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Who Shoots/Carries Glock 33?
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
In .357Sig   [Or Just Plain .357, according to Glock, who doesn't want to admit to the existence of  Sig or S&W--as in .40S&W, etc.]

Anyhow, I'm kinda fascinated by the barrel swap-out feature, where just by switching barrels, the Glock 33 becomes a Glock 27 and vice-versa.   

And swap out the slide and magazine, you got a Glock 26 in 9mm.

Bullet Hole doesn't have any Glock 33 rentals, so you can't go there to try before buying.

Searching for "Glock 33" on this forum brings up a Big Nothing.

Anybody here shoot 'em??   If so, what do you like/not like about the Glock 33?

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Who Shoots/Carries Glock 33?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
Well, don't have the G33 but do have the 31.  I like the 357sig round just for the added velocity.   Rarely carry it for CCW but do carry it when hunting.

I do have a stock G22 barrel to switch to .40sw, and a 9mm conversion barrel for it as well.  You would not have to switch out the entire slide assembly for 9mm if you did not want to.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:45:30 AM »
I dont have one but I have had the opportunity to shoot one. For me it handled a lot like the .40 caliber.  If you can find a Glock 27 to shoot it will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Its a great round but the cost and availability of ammo could be an issue. But if your goal is to have the ability to easily change between several cartridges its the way to go.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:34:01 PM »
My baseline carry gun is a Kahr PM9 in 9mm (of course) stocked with Remington Golden Sabers, same as Omaha Police Department.   W/Crimson Trace laser.

Nice and small and convenient and concealable for pocket carry.    Plus I've got buckets of handloaded 9mm practice rounds made over the past  long winter months.

However, the 9mm is admittedly on the lighter end of self-defense loadings.   The .357Sig is a coupla notches up on the one-shot stopping power scale, which is why I'm checking out the Glock 33.

And I've learned to carefully check out a proposed new handgun purchase, both by asking Those Who Own One  (Same motto as Packard, my very first automobile:   "Ask the Man Who Owns One.") and by shooting a rental or borrowed gun, whenever possible.  Otherwise, you wind up with an arsenal of not-quite-right handguns to go with your drawer full of not-quite-right holsters.

Kinda looks like Glock 33s are scarce items on the NFOA forum.

[Except for Chris Z, who probably has a drawer full of them in various configurations.]

sfg 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:03:18 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 04:38:02 PM »
You could just buy my SIG P226 and put a .357 SIG barrel in it.  :)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »
Mud..............

That approach would satisfy the .357Sig part.

However, as it happens, I pocket carry.   [IRHFP = Inside Right-Hand Front Pocket.]   Sig sorta rhymes with Big.   And------It's already tuff enuff to drag out that little PM9.

Now.....The good news is that my CHP class demo gun happens to be a Sig P226.

sfg
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:04:18 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 08:35:19 AM »
Hang on..... Let me dig in my drawer....... Yep, I found one! Yes I have one, and of course you can shoot it, if you bring some factory ammo and come down to the Rock Your Glock match on the 16th. Just give me a heads up reminder a day or two before so I remember to bring it.

I carried the G27 for several years before switching to a .45 and it is a great gun, the .357 is just as snappy, maybe even a tiny tad more than the .40. That is a lot of gun to hold on to in that little frame. But pretty dang good firepower with 10 rounds of .357

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
Chris..........

You should be the Godfather, making offers that can't be refused.

Your generous offer to shoot your Glock 33 is hereby accepted.

I'll see you at Ike's on July 16th for the Glock Rocking.

And will send an email to you coupla days before as a reminder.

Thanks!

sfg