< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shootout to benefit local Scouting.  (Read 1094 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Shootout to benefit local Scouting.
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »
2011 10th Annual Shootout
Register now for the 10th Annual Sporting Clay Tournament,
Friday September 9 at Werner Valley Shooting Fields. This
event is made possible by the sponsorship of Werner Enterprises,
Inc. Scott Robertson, president of UltraAir will serve as event
chair. This is a sporting clay tournament that benefits our inner
city Scouting programs. The tournament events include; trap,
5-stand, pistol shooting and sporting clays. For more information,
or to register your 5-person team, please contact (402) 431-
9BSA (9272).

Is anyone is interested in forming a team or two or....?
I'm no pro-shooter, but I'd be willing to fill a team if needed.
This would not only be a fun event for a good cause, as I believe avenues such as Scouting is what our youth need to become good, productive citizens. It would also be great chance for some public relations for the NFOA, If we had a team or two to represent. ( I'm thinking DanW and fellas take on the shotty gun events and CZ's GSSF folks, ENGC steel shooters for the pistols ;)  Hey, I'm just sayin'  (sorry guys, no AR or Mosin shoots :(  )
I am currently waiting to hear back on entry fees and event specifics, and will post when I get a call back.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:24:42 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Shootout to benefit local Scouting.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
That sounds like a great idea and allot of fun.  I don't think anyone would want to be on a team with me but ertain that i may be able to find a way to chear on the team if we can get one put together.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get things going, and if there is anything the NFOA can do at the event (could be a geat time to reach out to those that are not Gunshow people).

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »
Where are the Werner Shooting fields?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »
It looks like it's out by Valley NE

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
Ok folk, got some info, I don't have alot, because the answer to my first question stunned me enough, I really could get the others out-  Entry fee $5K per team!  So without some CRAZY sponsorship, I believe the majority of us are out. (seeing as how our members are building guns in basements and get excited shooting $100 military rifles)
Maybe this is normal. 
AAllen, I didn't go much futher than that, I will let you call the number listed and ask about possible NFOA involvement.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »
Sounds like to perfect event for the NFOA to do some NEW(wealthy) Member recruiting, if it would be allowed.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.