< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone interested in a group buy on reloading supplies?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Anyone interested in a group buy on reloading supplies?
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »
I have a dealer's account with Graf's, and on some (not all) items I get a pretty significant discount.  I was thinking if a few of us got together we could split the shipping costs - since I live in Lincoln it would obviously be best for people in that area.  The way their shipping works is I put in the order, and at shipping time they calculate the actual shipping cost and charge it to me.  It's usually pretty much in line with other places.  The minimum order is $100, so if I can get enough people interested to reach that amount it's a go.  If you would like to check prices you can go to http://www.grafs.com/ to search their inventory, then send me a PM with the items you're interested in and I'll look up the price that I can get it for.  I'm not going to mark anything up, so the price I quote you will be the same price I can get it for.  I plan to put in the order after the 1st of July, so if you're interested let me know before then. 

Edit:  Graf's also has other non-reloading supplies (optics, ammo, etc).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:12:53 PM by bkoenig »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Anyone interested in a group buy on reloading supplies?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »
hey brian, since i beat you pretty good at the VRM today, i think i might be in for some stuff.  but ill let you know as soon as i can.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:23:05 PM »
On my dealings with Grafs the shipping has always been included in the price, but I may be interested in an 8lb keg of AA#5 if the price is right :-\
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:11:57 AM »
Shipping works a little different with the dealer accounts.  With retail orders it's included in the price.  Dan, I'll look it up and PM you.  Powder requires a $25 HazMat fee of course, so the more people who go in on a powder order the better.  I'll probably spring for some powder so at this point we would be down to $12.50 each on the fee.

If we don't get enough people ordering powder to make the HazMat worthwhile I still could use some other supplies like bullets, so I'll still most likely go forward with the order.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:39:06 AM by bkoenig »

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:45:49 AM »
Brian,
I would be down for some primers and powder. I am shooting a lot of H4895 these days with all of the old near obsolete calibers I am into. This would help with the HazMat spread too. Let me know when you get close to jumping on this. I need some 300 Savage brass too but the web site says they are out of stock.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:15:29 AM »
Sounds good, I was planning on 8lbs of H4895 myself to feed my 7.62x54R's and .303 Brit.  It works well for heavy bullets in .223 too.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:18:44 AM by bkoenig »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
I think you can only place a certain amount of powder and primers in a box for one hazmat fee, then if you need more boxes, the hazmat fee is added for them too. The most I have ever ordered is 16lbs smokeless powder combined with 5K primers, and that was just 1 fee from Powder Valley
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »
OK, I checked some more, and primers & powder can ship together.  The max weight per package is 50lbs, and if we end up with a second package we'll have another HazMat fee.  Right now we tentatively have 4 people with a total of 32lbs of powder, plus maybe some primers, so we're probably getting close to 35lbs or so depending on how many primers Wildgoose needs.  That works out to $6.25 each for HazMat, plus shipping.  I'm thinking we should cap this at 1 more powder order unless we get enough people to justify a second package. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:55:53 PM by bkoenig »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
OK count me in for an 8lb keg of AA#5
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
I should probably get a press and such before i start buying supplies...
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »
If you're interested in a particular press let me know and I can look it up for you.  I just picked up a Lee Classic Cast press and I'm very happy with it.  The price was very reasonable too.

We have 3 confirmed orders so far and 2 maybes.  If anyone else is interested just let me know by the 4th.  I'll be placing the order some time after Independence Day weekend. 

Prices do tend to fluctuate a little, so your final price may be just a little more or less than what I quoted you.  If anyone's quoted price changes drastically I'll let them know.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 09:14:52 AM »
Last chance, I'm going to put in the order tomorrow.  Right now I just have Dan, Ray, and myself so there's still room.